What an amazing Tuesday. When school let out it was 52 degrees. That seems so warm for this time of year. When we got home we didn't go inside until supper. It was so gorgeous out! The kids put on their rain boots and we headed out back to trek through the mud. Since we've had this play set it's been so hard for the grass to grow that part of the yard has become a mud pit. Andy and I will be mulching around this once the snow has stopped...it's the only way to make our yard manageable and look decent. Ava and Isaiah enjoyed playing pirates on the structure and being pushed on the swings.
Of course I didn't capture the best pictures of the night. After we played out back, we went to the front to ride bikes. It didn't take long for them to discover a huge, slippery mud puddle by the driveway. Can you guess what happened? Why not...they both went crazy jumping all around. Life is to short to worry about messes! The look on their face was priceless. My camera was tucked away snug in my sweatshirt as I was trying to help them up when they fell. As it turns out Ava was wearing a nice Gymboree dress and Isaiah was wearing an Addidas outfit. They were both pretty muddy after falling on their bottom numerous times. But the clothes are clean and in the dryer...no mud stains! Ava's white tights, on the other hand, are in the garbage can outside. I didn't even want to attempt to clean those. They loved every minute and so did I!
If you've never seen the play set, here is a picture I took. We got a really good deal on it last summer. I think we only payed $200.00 for it. The family we bought it from took it apart and hauled it to our house. Andy spent many hours tearing it apart even farther so he could fit it piece by piece into the backyard to rebuild...and here you have it. Some parts are hard to see. There is one slide right now and a place for another if we want. There is a little "rock wall" to climb and a rope with stepping pieces to get to the first level. Now that the kids are getting older they can pretty much do everything on their own. Isaiah needs a boost here and there, but can do almost everything by himself.
Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss Day! My class will be doing lots of fun things and I always like to do some of the activities at home with Ava and Isaiah. Here are the kids wearing their Cat in the Hat creations. I held the paper steady, but Isaiah did everything by himself. He's pretty good with scissors.
Ava said, 'I don't want to do it like that...I want to make my own design."
Ava and Isaiah got along so well tonight and had so much fun.
My Three Happy's:
1) Hearing about my sister's upcoming trip to Disney...I'm so excited for them...and yes I'll admit I'm a little jealous!
2) Mud...kids are automatically drawn to it. I wish you all could have seen them jumping around!
3) Seeing the lilies starting to come up through the ground...another sign that it's almost spring!






No comments:
Post a Comment