After school today the kids and I tackled another Family Fun Magazine project. In the March issue it had a section on fun things to do inside to "Stomp out the Cold." One of the activities was to make monster feet out of Kleenex boxes. Thanks to Great Grandma Richardson...who has been collecting many boxes for us...we were able to start this. The kids picked out some random wrapping paper scraps and helped me wrap their "monster shoes." We then cut out some ferocious claws and decorated them. They turned out pretty cute and were fun to do. You know us...we love to craft!
Ava gluing cotton balls to decorate the tops of her shoes.
Isaiah wanted furry feet. He wanted to glue cotton balls around the "claws."
What gigantic feet!
Roar!
Ava wanted to paint her monster's toenails...with REAL polish!
Pretty fancy!
Of course the polish turned into Miss Ava wanting a manicure. Isaiah wanted me to polish one of his fingers so he could be like his big sister.
I wonder what other adventures are awaiting us this week...we'll just have to wait and see!
My Three Happy's:
1) Our family room was actually clean and vacuumed for maybe 5 minutes this afternoon. At the end of the night it was filled with cotton balls, scraps of paper, tape, foil, markers, wrapping paper...you name it. But in reality...that just means we're always having fun at our house. I keep telling myself..."I have the rest of my life to clean up. Live for the moment now!"
2) Yummy brats on the grill
3) My new baking pan that Janet got me from Cook's Emporium...Dan says he "helped" pick it out too. They dropped it by tonight. I've been talking about how I need to update my baking dishes. It's a really nice one! Thanks guys!







No comments:
Post a Comment