Sunday, March 27, 2011

Four Friends Forever

Last night we went over to the Vermeer's house for dinner, to catch up, and to watch our little ones play.  For those of you who know Marissa, you know she is an amazing person.  They have a beautiful family and a welcoming home.  Marissa is one of those friends who you don't talk to every week or you may not see for months, but when you get together, it's like you've never been apart.  We first met ten years ago when I started teaching at Ballard.  Ever since then we've been very good friends. 

The kids played for almost 4 hours together...with the exception of a quick dinner break...no one really ate much anyway because they were so excited to get back to playing.  You would have thought these kids were cousins or siblings.  They had a ball!

Ava and Elliana...how cute. 

Isaiah playing...he loved all the "boy toys."

Okay...maybe he liked this one girl toy of Elliana's. 
Isaiah, Cael, and Elliana playing in the family room.

Look at this precious little girl.  It's hard to believe she is 14 months. 

Mr. Cael will be three in May.  Poor Marissa...her house was spotless when we got there...the kids really destroyed it!

Music time everyone!

Someone looks just like their Daddy!

I can't tell you how much I love this family.  Marissa is one of those friends who understands if you're busy and don't return a phone call for weeks.  She is supportive and never judges you.  She has great advice and is always there to listen.  She has two beautiful children and a wonderful husband.  We can't wait to see them again soon!

My Three Happy's:
1) The Vermeer Family (Thanks again for having us over Marissa!  I love and miss you lots!)
2) Beginning to catch up on laundry... I think we've done five loads so far...4 more to go!  We never do any laundry during the week...no time!
3) Our children...I look at them everyday and think how lucky we are that God chose us to be their parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment