Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's Going On?

Oh my...it's been a while since I have made a post...so here are the updates:

Ava and Isaiah started their next session of Kindermusik with Miss Hollie.  We love her!  It is a short four week session but they look forward to singing, dancing, playing instruments, and just being silly.  They always look forward to the new music and CD that we get to take home.  Our CD player just can't get enough of "Mr. Sun."  Ava started Kindermusik when she was 1 1/2 and Isaiah has been going since he was 1 year.  We are also fortunate enough to have Hollie come to their daycare.  She comes to Julie's house to do Kindermusik every other week as well.

On Wednesday nights Ava has ballet and tumbling class.  The recital theme this year is Romeo and Juliet and the little ones are all fireflies.  We originally started out going to class on Thursday but it was too full of kids.  I felt like she wasn't getting enough one on one instruction.  She has been going to Wednesday's class for a while and that class has only 5 kids with 2-3 adults helping each time.  It's so nice.  I love watching her.  You can tell she is so proud of herself and she has learned so much! 

Tonight was one of those peaceful relaxing nights with the kids.  We ate a nice dinner together, the kids played pirates before being forced to take a bath (Andy pretended they were out to sea while he gave them a bath), stories were read, and everyone is fast asleep.  Mr. Isaiah decided last night to get out of bed 5 times!!  This was all before 9:45, but he kept coming out of his room.  I don't know if reality hit him and he realized that he actually could get out or if he just became curious as to what happens when he goes to sleep.  Anyway the first time he came out he was holding his little finger out at me.  I said, "Boo, what are you doing out of your bed?" He replied with "Here's a booger Mommy."  I said "Thanks buddy, now let's go back to bed."  Well that was just the beginning.  The next time he got out we heard Ava say, "Isaiah, don't come in my room.  I'm trying to sleep."  The next time two times we just put him back in bed and that still didn't work.  The fifth time Andy told him we were going to take one of his Simbas away until he fell asleep.  He was absolutely hysterical.  I went upstairs, read him one more story, talked to him a bit, and then laid with him for about two minutes until he drifted off to sleep.  What a battle!  Tonight I had a heart to heart chat with him about getting out of bed and that for each time he got out of bed, I was going to take one of his stuffed animals.  That must have worked because he went to sleep right away!  What a goof!

One of Julie's friends has this amazing blog where she has headers for recipes, traveling, their kids, their home, her photography site, and a few others.  It's really fun to read.  I know that there's no way in a million years that I would have the time to be that detailed but I thought it would be nice to share a recipe or two as I come across some good ones.  Most of you who read this blog are moms with kids and you're BUSY!  Or, maybe you have a husband that would love a nice hot meal every now and then.  Here's a quick and easy one you can try.  It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare.  Quick and Easy...the two magic words.  Ava and Isaiah love this recipe (Aunt Jody's) and that's saying a lot because Ava is a very picky eater.  Hope you like it!

                          Chicken Casserole
1 1/2 cups raw macaroni          1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp pepper                         1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup diced cheddar cheese     1 cup milk
3 cups shredded chicken

*I put frozen chicken tenders or breasts in the crock pot on low heat and leave it all day to cook. I add water to cover the chicken and sprinkle a little pepper and garlic powder.  Once I get home I just take a fork to the chicken and it falls apart. 

Combine all ingredients.  Put into a greased 9x13 pan.  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. 

With Spring Break approaching I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of all the things we do.  Some upcoming events are:
1) Trip to the Science Center and celebrating my Dad's b-day
2) Little visits from the leprechaun...the trap we made is almost finished...we just need a ladder for him to climb up.  I've heard leprechauns can be pretty sneaky.  Ava and Isaiah are excited to look for traces of them next week.
3) Imagination Movers Live (This is one of the shows on the Disney channel if you're not familiar.)
4) St. Patrick's Day feast at Grandma and Grandpa Richardson's on Sunday.  Yum..who doesn't love a good reuben!

Have a Happy Friday...well it's almost Friday!

My Three Happy's:
1) One more day until Spring Break! 
2) Knowing there is a week ahead with no school and no planning...just relaxing time with my family!
3) Did I say Spring Break? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment