Saturday, March 26, 2011

Under the Big Top

Last night Aunt Jody came over to spend the night with us.  She had tickets for all of us to attend the Shrine's Circus in Des Moines today.  Last night Andy grilled for dinner and it was a unanimous vote to head over to Dairy Queen for dessert.  Once we got home the kids continued to play and show Aunt Jody "EVERYTHING."  They love having her visit!

Playing Lite Brite with Aunt Jody

We're silly!

The kids walked off to play something else...guess who was still fascinated with creating a design?

This morning we went to the circus at the Iowa State Fair Grounds.  I'm sure I've been to a circus as a kid but don't really remember it.  Both Ava and Isaiah were convinced there would be monkeys and zebras.  Unfortunately those animals were not there but here are a few pictures of some of the things we watched.

 Isaiah with his Spiderman balloon we got.  It's a little taller than he is.

Ava choose a "My Little Pony."  When asked both the kids said they wanted to keep these balloons in their bed.  I'm serious when I say this but there is hardly any room left in Ava's bed for her.  She has over 40 dolls and stuffed animals and she knows if one is missing!  Isaiah's bed is getting there...of course  he has lots of trucks and cars in his bed too.

 A view of part of the circus floor before it started.

 This place was full of clowns...I'm not 100% sure how I feel about clowns...they can be a little strange.  Ava and Isaiah didn't mind them at all.

The trapeze artists

 Another picture of the trapeze artists

 Unicycle riders...they did so many tricks on these bikes.

This girl was soaring through the air on this ring...with no net below.

This was the horse she rode in on and did a few tricks with.

Isaiah enjoying his cherry snowcone.  Ava had one too.

Tightrope walkers...amazing!

How does he do that?  (...and with no net too!)

Two of the elephants that were there

We stayed until intermission.  The first half was about an hour and a half.  After the circus we headed home...with a quick stop at McDonald's...and took naps.  This evening we're going over to Marissa and Eric's house.  Marissa was a kindergarten teacher at our school and now stays home with her two kids Cale and Elliana.  I LOVE spending time with their family...can't wait.

My Three Happy's:
1) Visiting with Aunt Jody!
2) Going to the circus with my family
3) Having dinner and playing with the Vermeer family


No comments:

Post a Comment