One Sunday evening around 4:30 we decided to rip up the carpet...this little guy loves helping his Daddy!
Two little helpers rolling up sections...how terrible are those stain marks that leaked through over the years! Yuck!!!!
This is even worse...this was the dirt we found under the carpet padding. This addition was added to our house in the 80's and I think this was the carpet they installed. Isaiah loved using Andy's shop vac to sweep up the dirt...gotta love the pajama footies and the church shoes!
The next day we purchased the flooring from Sam's Club and then got to installing it. As you know when I say "we" I really mean "Andy." Isaiah was helping Andy tap the boards into place.
My parents came over to help...here's my Dad.
Oops...this one turned out sideways...Grandma and Ava were playing hide and seek. Isaiah and I found them under blankets in our bedroom.
Grandpa Van Slyke
How pretty is this! It looks a little lighter in this picture but it actually is dark chocolate brown in color.
A little picture of part of the room so you can see the difference. I can't remember if it's Home Depot or Lowes that says this...I think it's Home Depot...they always say, "Let us help you fall in love with your house again." That is so true of this room. What once was a crowded, cluttered, yucky mess has now transformed into a more formal, cozy, and spacious room. I used to avoid this room and hang out in the basement...but now I love being upstairs. The walls still have paneling and the curtains are sooo outdated. In time we will make more improvements. All I can say is "I love my house!"
My Three Happy's for the day are on the next post about Disney on Ice.
No comments:
Post a Comment