Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy B-day Grandma V

Yesterday was a day to celebrate.  My Mom turned 58 and it was also the first official day of Christmas vacation!  Yea!!!   My family along with my parents and Julie's family met at Jordan Creek mall to shop a little, eat at Champs, and eat traditional Twinkie b-day cake.  The kids had a lot of fun seeing everyone, playing in the kid's play area, seeing Miss Isabelle, and just simply spending time with family.

Happy 58th Mom!

My Dad makes this cake every year and yes...we actually sat in the food court area and ate it.  Here's a picture of my Dad cutting and passing out the pieces.

Delicious!

My sister snapping just about as many photos as I do.  If you follow her blog...I'm sure you notice that some of our pictures are almost exactly the same.

Ava, Isabelle, and Kevin enjoying the cake

Andy and Isaiah (he was getting tired and was thumping his head on the couch...he's done this since he's been able to sit up when he's tired)

Isabelle, Grandma V., and Miss Ava at the kiddie table

My parents got the kids an "open the flap" version of The Night Before Christmas.  All three grandkids wanted to listen to the story so they cuddled up on the coach and listened as Grandma read to them.

Isaiah is hiding behind the flap

Andy and I...still as cute as always! :-)


Julie, Kevin, and my Dad chatting...probably about something Disney related

Happy B-day Mom...we're glad we could spend the evening together!

My Three Happy's
1) Christmas Break, Christmas Break, Christmas Break

2) Tonight we're going to Story City to visit Great Grandpa Knaphus (Andy's Mom's Dad) to have "The Knaphus Christmas."  Who's going to be there...our family, Andy's parents, Jody and Tim, Grandpa Knaphus, and Alan and Karen.  Can't wait for the smoked turkey and ham we will be having!

3)  I can't believe how ridiculous I am.  The entire time I've blogged (almost a year now) I've never figured out how to upload pictures from the laptop (courtesy of Andy's Grandpa Richardson).  I've always used our main computer and it is beyond slow!!!!!!!!  It was driving me crazy and I couldn't figure it out because the laptop is exactly like my computer at school and I have no problems uploading pictures there if I have to.  Well today I figured it out.  It's so simple and I can't believe that I hadn't figured it out until today.  This will now save me tons of time and it will be much quicker to make posts.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment