Before the pictures of that day I had a few random ones I needed to throw into a post...
I love this old window. We use it to hang Christmas cards and pictures as we get them during the holiday. It's close to being filled now...this picture was taken a while ago!
Love this! My Mom got it for me from Pottery Barn. It looks perfect in the middle of the wreath.
Yummy peanut blossom cookies...your looking at only half of the batch. I made these myself. We think Isaiah is allergic to peanut butter and need to have him officially tested...so as of now...he's not around peanut butter at all. Here is what we whipped up this year for our Christmas plates: decorated sugar cookies, toffee candy, white Oreo truffles, peanut blossom cookies, white chocolate dipped pretzels, caramelitas, kringla, and sweet chex mix (that goes into a little decorated bag)...I think that's it.
Now onto the pictures from my parents house. My Mom got lots of colors ready and the kids got to work.
Notice the HUGE sprinkle container in Isaiah's hand. He added tons!
My cuties!
Ava was all about making multicolored cookies. They were really cute.
Isaiah really could not get enough sprinkles on his cookies...they were loaded!
One happy camper!
Grandma helping Isaiah transition from one cookie to the next.
Grandpa got the vacuum to clean up the sprinkles. Isaiah wanted to do the work for him.
Who says you can't use a vacuum on a table!
My Mom and I whipped up a few other things...cornflake wreaths and these red and green sugar cookies with a Hershey's peppermint kiss.
A view of the cookies the kids decorated when they were done.
Ava's cookie...
...Isaiah's cookie
I snuck downstairs and took a picture of Ava and Isaiah playing "school" with Grandpa. They were teaching him and he was the student.
These look cute...but in my opinion are not worthy of a Christmas plate. They were okay.
The kids had a great time at the ballet, decorating cookies, and just playing. Andy and I talk about this a lot...we are so lucky to have both of our parents about 10 minutes away. Our kids are so blessed to grow up close to their grandpas, grandmas, and great grandparents!
My happy's for the day are below on the 2nd post I did. Oh...I do have one more happy to add...
4) For some odd reason, both of the kids wanted Andy to put them to bed tonight! Laundry needs to be done, the house needs to be picked up, presents need to be wrapped...but what's most important...updating the blog!
We had soooo much fun! We LOVE having you close, too! :)
ReplyDelete