Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Almost Finished!

Wow!  Believe it or not, the patio project is almost done!  Just a few edgers to put in place which will help hold the pavers in place, add the stone bench, and that special sand that you add on top to fill in those spaces between each paver.  Andy started digging last Thursday and is about finished.  My parents came down today for about 7 hours to help out...I know Andy appreciated the extra hands.

Yesterday I took a few pictures when the landscaping company delivered the sand and stones.  My Mom was here dropping by one of my Dad's mallets and happened to be here almost exactly when the trucks came.  I spread a picnic blanket out on the front lawn, grabbed some popsicles, and Ava and Isaiah were happy watching...especially Isaiah!  He really has an interest for trucks!

The skid loader traveling up our driveway delivering the first pallet of pavers.

Ava attempting to crawl to the top of the sand pile that was just dumped.

Isaiah proud he made it to the top

A picture of some of the pavers we ordered...so you can get an idea of color

Someone loves to climb!

Yesterday Andy started to level off the 1 inch of sand that is needed before laying the pavers.  While he did most of this the kids and I went on a bike ride and then went up to my school to play on the equipment.

Ava shoveling sand into her wheelbarrow...she has a skirt on...you always have to look fashionable!


This picture was from today when my Dad and Andy were laying pavers together. 


Jackson looks like he's enjoying a nice cold beverage...he just happened to sit right there.


The pavers wrap around our already existing stairs from the deck.  Isaiah was helping Daddy fill in the new part with sand...he's wearing swimming trunks and knee/elbow bike pads.  He calls them his "worker pads" so he can be like Daddy!

Ava taking a picture of herself with Grandma...she thought it was funny to try on my Mom's glasses.

We have this robin that comes back every year to the same nest...this year it blew down during a storm and two days later a new one was up again.  Notice the white fuzz...courtesy of Jackson's toy he tore apart.  There are baby birds in the nest right now!

Isaiah and Grandpa heading up front to get another load of sand.  Lately he's been wanting me to do everything for him but this time he insisted "I want Grandpa to put me in."

I'll try to take a better picture later but this gives you a glance of what this additional border is like.  It wraps around the deck stairs.   So what you see continues around the deck to the left and blends into the patio.  We will be adding some landscaping around the patio later.

Lovin' the kneepads!

Ava didn't nap today and stayed up with Grandma to watch Snow White for "quiet time."  Isaiah joined them after he woke up.  How cozy!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate how hard Andy's worked on this patio.  He is very determined once he starts something.  It looks absolutely beautiful!  Let's see...now we just need some new furniture to put on it...I wonder who will be in charge of that?

My Three Happy's:
1) Spending the day with my family...although my Dad and Andy did most of the work...I did carry TONS of stones from the front yard to the back today.  I'm glad I could contribute in some way!
2) Casey's Pizza for dinner...they have the best Taco!
3) I'm looking out our family room window and love the new view...instead of a muddy mess I see a great transformation!  DIY here we come!  (If you're not familiar with what that means it's a renovation network called Do It Yourself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment