...yet again, I've misplaced the camera. Written updates...here we come!
What's going on at the Richardson's?
1) Isaiah has been doing an amazing job with potty training! I think in the past three days he's had NO accidents. He has even woken up dry from naps and he was even dry one morning when he woke up! I've been putting a pull-up on him when we go places...just to be safe. But today when we went to the library for preschool storytime...he refused to wear a pull-up and said "I won't go potty on the floor Mommy." So he wore his Captain America underwear (a new purchase from Target). He kept his promise...even though I was a bit worried when he was drinking a lot of water during our walk to the library...he waited until we got home to go on his potty! Way to go Boo! We're so proud of you!
2) Ava and Isaiah started their summer preschool storytime at the library today. The theme is "One World, So Many Books." Today was a mini unit on fire stations and we even walked up the block to get a tour of the Slater fire station and the kids got to climb in the firetrucks. I WISH I would have had my camera! The kids really seemed to enjoy this. We left the library with 13 books, a few movies, and a reading record sheet. The goal is for each child to either read or be read to for 500 minutes this summer and if this goal is accomplished the children earn a free ticket to the zoo in Des Moines and an invitation to a pool party! We're already read for 40 minutes today so far!
3) On Monday evening we went to the Slater pool after dinner...the best time to go in my opinion because most of the crowd is gone for the day. The kids used their Puddle Jumpers (coastguard approved swimwear...these are awesome and we got them at Target last year) and loved "swimming" and jumping to Mom and Dad off the side. We were there for two hours until it closed. I'm sure we'll be back again soon. We got a punch card for the summer...much better deal than paying each time!
4) As I'm sitting here I have a list a mile long of things I want to do this summer...I keep thinking...I should not be blogging...I could really start a project while they are napping. I always do this...I create this mental list in my head and new ideas pop in daily...then I become overwelmed with the things I think I "have" to do that I don't really know where to start. I need to just pick one thing and see if I can get it accomplished. Am I the only one out there that does that? I surely hope not!
5) Andy's been starting football camps this week...really...football already starts! They have camp this week and then are attending an out of town clinic this weekend! The players lift and run everyday, but Andy doesn't start football in full swing until the beginning of August. We love football season at our house. The kids enjoy going up to the football stadium for some great entertainment from the team, marching band, and cheerleaders. Plus the weather is always so nice in the fall!
Well the kids are up...time to play again! Hope you are all having a great week so far!
My Three Happy's:
1) Sunny days
2) This new Teachers Pay Teachers website I found...if you are a teacher...you HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT! It's become my new obsession.
3) My messy house...well it doesn't really make me happy...but I know my kids have been having fun this summer and so have I!
No comments:
Post a Comment