Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Has It Almost Been a Week Already??????

Okay...I'm struggling lately with uploading all these pictures I have on my camera!  For some reason most of the ones that I upload say I "can't upload for security reasons" (who knows what that means since they are from my camera and when I try a second time it sometimes works) and it takes FOREVER to upload.  There's got to be a quicker way.  A 10 minute task seems to be turning into an hour and a half ordeal.  I have SO many pictures to share but just haven't gotten them posted...so I apologize that they will be randomly showing up on other posts.

Updates...

This last weekend was so fun!  We missed Daddy though because he was out of town with his football team in Missouri...but the kids and I seemed to be busy every second.  We did a little shopping at a few garage sales in Slater...and came out with some good buys.  Ava loves shopping and can always find something she likes anywhere she goes. 

On Saturday we went to Grimes for their "Funtastic Days" events.  We went to a parade, got LOTS of candy, went to an ice cream social, ate at McDonalds, played with cousin Isabelle at her house, napped, and then went out for more fun at the local carnival.  It was not busy at all and the kids had a blast!  They rode on so many rides.  I have pictures of them all that I know you'd LOVE...another post I guess.  One of the best pictures is Isaiah with this GIANT corndog he got for dinner. 

One exciting new update is how good our kids are becoming at riding their "big kid" bikes.  The other night we took the kids and Jackson on a walk.  Isaiah for some reason wanted to ride in his jogger stroller (he hasn't taken a ride in that for a year) and Ava rode her bike.  We went out on the bike trail in town for a while and she did great!  She loved riding ahead of us, stopping for us to catch up, and then riding off again.  She was very proud.  Mr. Isaiah has really taken an interest in wanting to ride a "big boy bike" too.  Our neighbor let us borrow on old bike his son used to have so he's been using that for the time being.  Once his new potty chart is filled up, we're taking him out to get him a new bike and helmet.  He seems to think he either wants a He-Man bike or a Hot Wheels one.  He does such a nice job pedaling and steering.  He's careful when turning around on the driveway and tends to be a little to hard on the brakes at times...but he's really doing an amazing job for a little guy whose not even three yet. 

The days have been stormy and rainy here lately.  We've been doing lots of playing inside and movies...Peter Pan has been the kid's favorite lately.  Yesterday there were advisories out for severe thunderstorms and strong winds.  We kept the kids down in the basement and all took a family nap...well I didn't really sleep...I had Ava sprawled out on me while I was rocking her on the chair.  Isaiah fell asleep on the couch and Andy was on the floor cuddled in blankets...it was a quiet and peaceful hour and a half.  When we all woke up there were branches, sticks, and leaves all over the lawn.  Our neighbors had a HUGE tree limb down...our block was a mess.  The kids got to experience a little of the fall season when we raked up all the leaves from the ground into big piles.  They loved jumping into them and when they were done with that we raked them into the driveway and the kids rode back and forth through the pile on their bikes. 

Isaiah's new potty progress is still a big success.  He hasn't had an accident in over a week.  I think for the most part we can say he is potty trained!  Yeah Isaiah!

This weekend we will be going to Lindsey and Donald's wedding!  If you remember Ava is one of the flower girls and Isaiah in one of the ring bearers.  They will both look so cute.  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

My Three Happy's:
1) Julie and Kevin are taking LOTS of our stuff to sell at their garage sale this weekend!  Thanks so much!  I can't believe we have so many things...most of it was already in storage so our house doesn't even look like we made a dent.
2) Movies with Andy...I love Netflix and renting movies from our library.  During the summer our favorite shows aren't on so we love watching movies once the kids are in bed. 
3) Our little loves...they have been getting along so well lately and really love talking to each other.  Andy and I love listening to their conversations in the car when we're going places. 

Here are a few pictures of the kids doing some things...again most wouldn't download.

The other day we got out these extra birdhouses we had.  Last year we ordered them from Oriental Trading and gave them out as Father's Day gifts.  This weekend while Daddy was gone we got them out and painted them.  Isaiah is working pretty hard to add color to his.

Ava's birdhouse turned out to be a beautiful rainbow of colors.  Oriental Trading is the best place to find inexpensive crafts.  If you've never ordered from there...try it sometime!

Rainy days mean bikes are allowed in the house!
This once clean living room...it seriously was cleaned up...is filled with "Garage Sale" toys. We got an Imaginext pirate boat for only $5.00.  The rest of the toys attach to Hot Wheel's tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment