Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Ballerina

Seeing Miss Ava yesterday has really made me realize that our little girl isn't our baby anymore (she will always be our baby) but she is now a little girl.  Ava had her dress rehearsal last night and got all decked out with hair and make-up...let me tell you...she loved this!  Here are a few pictures of Ava...

Riding in the car...I kept saying...don't lean back on your seat or you'll smash your bun!

Ava waiting in the dressing room before her recital

Ava and her preschool friend Veda

I wish these pictures were less blurry but it was hard to capture a still moment because she was constantly moving.

I was so impressed with how well she did!  She even remembered to smile most of the time.

I can do some technology things...but am not good at scanning.  So I just took a picture of one of her pictures we ordered from Picture Day.  In the past year Ava has really smiled naturally for the camera...her true beauty really shines!

Tonight is her "official" recital!  She's very excited to get dolled up again and dance on stage.  This year we battled some weeks with her wanting to go to dance.  For a 4 year old, dance can get very long when you have practice every week for a whole year!  I think she was a little burnt out at the end.  Yesterday I asked her how she felt about it and she said she loves dance and wants to do it again.  I think it really made a difference for her to see why she dances each week...the recital, the fancy costume, the stage, and make-up...everything that comes with it makes it all worth while!  We may try a new tap and jazz program next year from a different studio or we may stick with this...whatever makes my little girl happy!

We're so proud of you Bootles!  You are an amazing dancer and have the most beautiful smile!  Good luck tonight!

My Three Happy's:
1) Watching our little girl dance her heart out!
2) Seeing my Aunt Barbie this weekend!  I wish we lived closer.
3) Eating marinated grilled chicken that Andy made for lunch!  It was SOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment