Friday, June 24, 2011

Splishin', Splashin', Slidin', and a Swingin'

...it's been said that a person learns something new everyday.  How sad is it that I've lived in Iowa my entire life and have never heard of Jester Park and what it contains?  Crazy!  Julie called me up this morning and said she was going to take Isabelle to this nature play area of the park that is especially designed for kids.  Andy needed some time this morning to work on the patio and order the materials so it worked out nice for the kids and I to go.  It's easy to find, but there are so many winding roads throughout this park...beautiful scenery!
Ava was very proud that she could climb this little rock wall.  It's great that she can pretty much do everything independently now.

Isaiah happily going down this tunnel slide

Both of the kids really liked this rope wall.

I was hesitant of Isaiah doing this by himself.  It's much more steep than it looks.  But he kept saying, "I can do it myself Mommy."  And he did!

Isaiah swinging with Miss Isabelle

They had this neat little pond with water that is meant to crawl around in.  The kids all got pretty wet but loved exploring the different water features and the rocks at the bottom.


They even had an area with bison and elk. 

Isaiah peeking through a stone feature

These randomly placed logs led down to a pretty big sand area.

More water for Miss Ava Lynn

Many of the rocks had pictures carved in them.  Ava liked this crescent moon and wanted me to get a picture of her feet standing next to it.

Soaring into the water

Ava and Isaiah entering the sand

They had this huge hollow log you could crawl through.  Isaiah was going through and peeked out a hole at me.  He thought he was pretty funny!

Cousins experimenting with the water coming out of the stone. 


There was also this little trail area that was like a maze.

Isabelle following her big cousin Ava

This huge spider nestled in it's web was the entrance to the play area.

The kids really had fun there.  Next time we'd like to find some bike trails for the kids to ride their bikes on and there are so many shelters and places to eat lunch...a picnic would be a good idea for next time...and who knows...camping might even be an option too.

I love this pictures...this was actually taken a few days ago and I forgot to post it.  I love when Ava reads to Isaiah.  Of course she's making up the story as she goes...but you should hear the expression in her voice.  Isaiah LOVES listening to her and always asks her to read more.

Part 2 of the Patio Project...adding 4 inches of rock.

When we were gone at Jester Park, Andy headed to KCI Landscape Supply in Ames to order the stones and materials.  The truck came a little after one this afternoon to dump off the rock that we needed to lay...when I say we...just assume that I mean Andy.  :-)  The stones come on Monday.

Kids are fascinated by trucks and things like this...free entertainment for an hour!

Ava...in her pajamas as usual...shoveling the stone into a container.

Love the boots!  Isaiah sliding down the rock pile.


Isaiah's goal...try to scoop the rocks and toss as many as you can into the container.

I wish I could say "We're done!" but this is actually a picture I took out of the magazine we have to show you what type of stone Andy bought.  It will be this random design and color and we will be building a wall on one side to use for seating or whatever...it won't be as curvy or big as this one...but at least it gives you an idea.  Can't wait!

Isaiah fell asleep for about 20 minutes on the way home from Jester Park and would not nap.  I tried...really I did.  It just figures that Ava slept for almost 2 1/2 hours and during that time Isaiah was wide awake.  When I was getting dinner ready the kids came in to watch an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates...their favorite Disney show right now...and Ava walked into the kitchen and whispered, "Mom...come here.  Isaiah's asleep."  So cute!


My Three Happy's:
1) Andy's hard work ALL DAY on the patio!
2) Seeing Julie and Miss Isabelle...I love that little girl...you too Julie!
3) This sudden burst of energy I've had lately.  I'm a coffee drinker in the morning...can't function without it...and need one pop around noon...but for some reason I feel really energized.  It's after 11:00 right now and I feel wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment