Wednesday, June 1, 2011

100% Success

...just a quick morning post...

I must say that Isaiah has really surprised us with his potty training.  Yesterday he was 100% successful...no accidents.  He LOVES wearing his "big boy" underwear and you can tell he feels so proud when he goes in his potty.  His toilet...the one that Ava used....is made by Fisher Price and plays a few songs when you "flush" it.  We do a "potty dance" to that song once he's done and he thinks that's pretty funny!  With Ava we had a prize box with candy and little toys and whenever she went she got to pick a prize.  That was nice but I didn't want to do rewards like that again.  Isaiah has a sticker chart and when he gets 20 stickers he gets to go to Target to pick out a toy.  Much better and he's not eating candy left and right like Ava was.  He also surprised us yesterday when he woke up from his almost 2 hour nap DRY.  What a big boy...we're so proud.  Hopefully today brings as much success as yesterday!

I was a little worried about how Ava would do at her staging practice for recital last night.  Amazingly she did great.  She went back stage, came out smiling, and did great.  Of course at this age, they don't remember all their steps and look to their adult helpers for prompts, but I was kind of afraid that she would be terrified of being on stage and seeing all these people in the audience starring at her...but she did great.  Tonight is her dress rehearsal and tomorrow is the recital.  This dance program has three recitals, but they have the little ones perform in only one.  I'm glad about that!  Our little ballerina is getting so big!

I have lots of pictures to post with some things we have been doing and will get to that either tonight or tomorrow...as of now...just and update...no pics.  Have a super morning!

My Three Happy's:
1) Seeing my kids both successful at something!  It's just another reminder of how big they are getting.
2) Night out with my teaching friends...I NEVER do this kind of stuff because I always feel guilty leaving the kids...but I had a good time.  My friend Lindsey is getting married in a little over 2 weeks and we all got together at my friend Wendy's house for appetizers, desserts, and drinks and had a little party for her.  Basically we just talked all night about school stuff, but it was nice to get all 6 of us together.  We don't do that often enough!
3) Beautiful days....sunny, breezy...just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment