Monday, October 10, 2011

A Sunken Treasure

Many of you may have heard of my mishap that occurred last week.  I was outside taking lots of pictures of the kids playing in the leaves and when we came in for supper I put the camera in my pocket.  After dinner it was off to the bath tub as usual and when I was leaning over to put Isaiah in he said, "Mommy, your camera is in the water."  I looked down and my camera had slipped out of my pocket along with all the other bath toys that were sitting along the edge.  If Isaiah hadn't seen it, it would have been submerged beneath the bubbles and I would have never noticed.  I was absolutely furious with myself.  My camera is one of my possessions that I really do treasure.  It allows me to capture those special moment in our lives...at that point I thought I had lost everything including the snapshots on the memory card. 

Andy took the camera apart and we let it dry for a few days...no such luck with getting it to work again.  Jody, Andy's sister, has the same camera.  Her boyfriend Tim got her this amazing camera for her birthday so she let us borrow her old one.  As luck might have it...the memory card worked when I put it into Jody's camera.  This week I'll do my best to upload all the pictures I have yet to share.  These include:
*Another trip to the apple orchard with my family
*A little fun at Perfect Games with Aunt Jody and G&G Richardson
*Leaf jumping and outdoor pictures of our house decorated for fall
*Life on the farm...our little trip to Alan and Karen's farm to ride the combine, tractor, and to pick pumpkins and gourds. 

Lots of lots of pictures coming soon...

My Three Happy's:
1) Jody letting us borrow her camera for a little while until we decide on what new one to get.
2) Candyland each night with the kids.  Isaiah typically likes to play Candyland in his bed before stories and Ava likes to play Memory.  Tonight they both wanted to play Candyland and we have two sets of that game so it worked out perfectly.  Daddy got a little special time with Ava while I played with Isaiah.  The kids beat us EVERY TIME and we really do try to win.  It's crazy.  Tonight Andy said he was two spaces away from winning Candyland with Ava, drew the candycane card, and had to go back to almost the beginning.  No such luck for us when playing against our kids.
3) The green, white, yellow, and orange that surround the front of our house.  I love the gourds and pumpkins we got this year from Alan and Karen's farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment