Jody gets emails from Groupon...from what I understand this is a way to obtain things from various businesses at a fraction of the cost. Perfect Games in Ames has a large bowling alley, an arcade, glow in the dark laser tag, and many options for a quick bite to eat. I've never been there before. Jody purchased a 3 hour package from Groupon and invited us all to join her. The kids have only bowled on the Wii, so they were every excited to do the REAL thing. Enjoy these pictures...
Ava getting ready to bowl
These balls were actually very light in weight so the kids could use them. Isaiah was proud he could hold his all by himself!
Aunt Jody and her loves getting the score board ready
Nice job Boo!
Ava eying her throw...the lanes had automatic gutters that came up when Ava or Isaiah would bowl, so they were always able to feel successful and knock some pins down.
Ava was excited about how she threw the ball and ran back to Jody to watch the ball travel down the lane.
Jody...reliving those bowling days!
Check out that score board...pretty high tech if you ask me.
They even have bowling shoes for little kids. Isaiah thought his were pretty cool.
After a round of bowling we took a break and visited the kids section of the arcade...there were maybe one or two other people walking around this area so it was very nice. Ava playing in the bouncy house.
Isaiah playing a "Catch the Apples" game...with each game you play you earn tickets.
This was a very nice bouncy house...Ava liked it but Isaiah was more interested in playing the games.
"Spin the Wheel" with Sponge Bob
Jody and Ava doing a dinosaur grabbing game
Ava driving a car
This was a "create your own picture" game. Ava came out with a girl picture and Isaiah made a tractor.
Ava coloring the picture
Time to shoot some hoops...I held him up for this so he could reach better.
Ava shooting her basketball
Three generations...Grandpa Richardson, Andy, and Isaiah. Grandma Richardson was here too...she was probably chasing Ava around the different games.
The kids had a blast! It was about 7:15 when we started heading home and Ava's first comment was, "When can we go back to Perfect Games?" Thanks for the fun evening Jody!
My Three Happy's:
1) Going to the Ballard volleyball game tonight with the kids. My have the rules changed since I played...what was it...14 years ago?
2) Catching up on the blog...still lots more to upload and write about...but I have to get some school work done tonight.
3) No pop for 1 week! I go through phases with this. Ultimately I would like to "not" drink pop because I know it's not the best for me. Diet Coke is my favorite...and I just LOVE the taste of it. Rewarding myself every once in a while is okay. But you know when you fell grouchy and tired around lunch time and you haven't had a pop...that's not good. I don't notice the "tired" part anymore. I just drink lots of water at school and keep working. My class keeps me busy so there really is no time to think about it.
Hope you all have a terrific Friday!




















No comments:
Post a Comment