Every fall I always put cornstalks on our light post out front. For some reason this year, even zip-ties wouldn't stop these stalks from blowing around in every direction. I also use this little rusted pumpkin.
I got these at a garage sale a few years ago. They hold tea light candles and there are four of them that line our sidewalk up to our house. With the rain they've rusted a bit over the years but I actually like how they look. The kids love taking these on and off the hooks and they play "trick or treat" with them.
Ankeny craft show...here I come again...one and a half weeks away. This cute Pumpkin Patch sign is one of many signs I've purchased there. It's painted onto an old piece of wood..
Another picture like yesterday of our trees out front. How gorgeous is that color?!
I like to change up the wreaths and door decoration each season. Who knows where I picked this up...maybe Kohls a LONG time ago!
More stalks and a pumpkin resting against an old creamer next to the garage.
Every year I go to Flowerama and buy a haystack. I think they're only 8 or 9 dollars but I love how cute they look. We have tons of pumpkins...courtesy of Uncle Alan and Aunt Karen's personal pumpkin patch. Aren't the green/white ones neat!
A glimpse of what our front porch looks like. I LOVE orange mums and I buy them every year from our local grocery store "Larry's." I filled on old metal tub with gourds and pumpkins, put pumpkins everywhere, and rested some broom corn on top of the bench.
Can't figure out how to rotate this but here is a close up picture of the metal container.
Love this bench...it's not really meant for actual sitting. It needs a few minor repairs, but I love the look. This was another find from Andy's grandparents house!
Right by our front door we have another creamer that I stuffed full with cornstalks from the garden. As I've said before I love sweet corn, but also love to use the dried up stalks for decorating in the fall!
There you have it...our house outdoors in the fall. Next to come...Christmas!
My Three Happy's
1) Watching Ava play school when we got home. She got her dry-erase markers out and used the large dry-erase board easel. First I had to pretend I was coming to school, put my backpack away, find my name to put on the wall, and then go to a station to start a craft activity. Next was my "lesson." Ava said, "Today we're going to think of words that have to do with Halloween." She would write the words using inventive spelling as best as she could on the board. At one point I couldn't think of anymore words and I said, "Could a leaf or haystack be things that have to do with Halloween?" She replied with, "Now are those Halloween words or just fall words?" Love it!
1) Watching Ava play school when we got home. She got her dry-erase markers out and used the large dry-erase board easel. First I had to pretend I was coming to school, put my backpack away, find my name to put on the wall, and then go to a station to start a craft activity. Next was my "lesson." Ava said, "Today we're going to think of words that have to do with Halloween." She would write the words using inventive spelling as best as she could on the board. At one point I couldn't think of anymore words and I said, "Could a leaf or haystack be things that have to do with Halloween?" She replied with, "Now are those Halloween words or just fall words?" Love it!
2) Isaiah beat Ava and I in Candyland twice. I always play by the rules and NEVER win against either of them. How can that be?
3) Andy's football team is playing their first Play Off game tonight. It's over two hours away so we didn't even attempt to go. I'm awaiting a text from Andy so I can hear the score! Go Bombers!
No comments:
Post a Comment