A few weeks ago my parents picked the kids up and took them back out to the apple orchard. I had a meeting after school so I met them there as soon as I could. Last year the orchard didn't offer hayrides during the week...but times have changed. They now take you out to the actual apple orchard, pumpkin patch, and corn maze. Ava and Isaiah loved showing Grandpa and Grandma all of the fun things they have here...we've been here so much lately it seems like our second home.
Getting ready for the hayride to the pumpkin patch
Ava's "perfect" pumpkin...picked by her!
This sign was just randomly placed in the patch and Isaiah insisted that I take his picture. I love that he likes smiling for the camera now.
You can see Isaiah's find here too!
Away we go!
Grandpa, Ava, and Grandma...someone was not in the mood for a picture at this point.
The famous jumping pillow...made for kids and us grown-ups too!
Grandma and Ava soaring away
Isaiah teaching Grandpa how to jump high
The kids love laying on their bellies or sitting up while an adult bounces next to them. They get a hoot out of this!
Isaiah loved being buried under the corn in the pool
Molly Moo always needs milking when you come to the orchard.
Ava and Grandpa watching the animals...by this point we had already gone through eight cups of food!
My the weather has gotten colder these past few days...today was a high of 48 degrees. I'm not sure if we will be making it out to the apple orchard after school again this season; but the time spent there this fall was worth every penny!
My Three Happy's:
1) Yeah, I actually blogged this week. I'm so overwhelmed lately with the number of pictures I have to post and the time I have to do it. Slowly but surely, they WILL eventually be posted. My associate who works in my room with me printed out this nice quote about Mom's and their kids. It talks about Mom's who love their kids have dirty ovens, dishes piled up in the sinks, overflowing laundry baskets, toys scattered over the floor, etc. I can't remember the exact words...I'll have to bring it home so I can refer to the real words. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one with a house that looks like a tornado blew through it each day!
2) I don't know about you but when the nights get dark quicker and the weather turns chilly, cozy sheets and warm blankets make sleeping at night a dreamworld! Some days I wish I could hibernate for a few extra hours!
3) The Halloween cards are ready for ordering tomorrow on Shutterfly. Just wait till you meet Jack Sparrow and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (Andy's Mom Janet made Ava's costume and it's amazing!!!!)















fun to see all of the pictures.....that was a great afternoon! Glad we found our way OUT of the corn maze......! :)
ReplyDelete