Saturday, April 30, 2011

Days With Frog and Toad

You may wonder why I picked this title for this particular post.  Days With Frog and Toad is a children's book written by Arnold Lobel.  Toad is the goofy character that doesn't seem to understand much and Frog is his best friend.  Anyway...let's just say our day was filled with Toads.

Doesn't she look grown up?  Ava found a princess make-up kit tucked away in a closet that she'd forgotten about.  This morning she spent some time applying various eye shadows, powders, and lipsticks.  I didn't do a thing...she must have learned from watching me get ready.

There are moments when she reminds me so much of myself!

Isaiah is ALL BOY!  But he still likes using Ava's make-up and jewelry every once in a while.

The kids loved playing at the water table.  They used their watering cans to water the hostas coming up around the house.  This kept them busy...they got pretty wet...but had fun!

Today we found 4 toads in our backyard today.  At first the kids were a little hesitant to pick them up.  But once they tried it...they loved chasing after them.  The toads must have liked the kids because they just sat right in Ava and Isaiah's hands.  I never picked one up...I think they are cute little critters...but I'm not a fan of holding them.  What can I say...my kids are much braver than I am.

Isaiah with the toad that we thought was a baby.  It was so much smaller than the others.

Toad #1

Toad #2 and #3

Isaiah loved chasing after them.  The big ones were pretty quick.

Toad #4

Lately we've been finding robin's eggs around the yard...most are just shells on the ground.   We're not sure if the wind has knocked them out of the nest or if an animal has gotten to them.  This egg came from our neighbor's yard...Ava wanted to hold it.  Blue little eggs...yet another sign of spring!

My Three Happy's:
1) Spending the entire...and I mean the entire day outside.
2) Picking up Hickory Park for dinner and bringing it home to eat outside.  I LOVE the cheeseballs!
3) It was so fun to watch Ava and Isaiah play today.  They got wet from the water table and at times were covered with mud from chasing those silly toads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment