Friday, April 8, 2011

An Acrostic Friday

For those of you who don't know what an "acrostic" is...it's simply a poem (doesn't have to rhyme), phrases, or sentences that have to do with each letter of a word.  I'm sure my teacher friends will think I'm corny for doing this...but hey...why not take what I do at school and apply it to my life...right?

FRIDAY
F...Friday Night...what did we do...or in other words, what didn't we do.  When we got home from school (Andy was working at a track meet) we made chocolate chip cookies.  That then led to playing library with credit cards, the cash register, many bags, old receipts, books, and DVDs.  The kids took turns being the library worker and the patron.  After that we plugged in this old thing we have...I think it's made by Fisher Price.  It has a camera and 2 microphones.  The kids can see themselves dancing on the TV and can hear their voices as they sing.  We sang to a nursery rhyme and Dora soundtrack.  They loved this. 

R...relaxing evening at home.  So to continue on with our night, the kids read some books while I got a quick dinner ready.  Andy and I promised the kids that tonight would be "movie night."  We hardly ever let the kids watch TV.  It's usually about 1/2 hour a day (unless we're sick).  They chose to watch PIXAR Short Films.   These are the little 5 minute films that you might see before the featured presentation when you go to a movie.  Ava and Isaiah love them...plus they are filled with Disney characters.  I think you can rent this from Netflix.

I...interestingly enough...when I gave the kids their dinner Ava said, "You make great meals Mom, thanks."  The funny part behind this is that the menu tonight was carrots and ranch, apple slices, and pepperoni/sausage Schwan's pizza.  I love that the kids notice and gobble up meals like this and when I feel that I've slaved in the kitchen...no one says anything and they don't each much.  By the way, if you ever order from the Schwans man you really should try their smoked spinach and mushroom fired pizza.  LOVE IT!

D...determined to learn.  Isaiah and Ava both have a desire to learn new things.  Isaiah has been working very hard on his letters...he doesn't have as long of an attention span as his sister, but he likes playing games and working on his letters.  So far he knows the letters: A, B, C, I, S, O, and H.  Miss Ava is literally a "sponge."  She is now able to read and spell from memory these words: I, a, to, the, then, see, me, he, and, you, and go.  Two days ago she some how decoded the word "doctor" in a story and was very proud of herself.  Almost every night she says, "What new word are we going to learn?"

A...Ava was asked to be a "Little Princess" in the Slater Fourth of July Celebration this summer.  Senior girls are asked to be the queens and each one needs to find a young girl to be their princess.  Our neighbor, Stephanie, asked Ava to participate with  her.  Ava's first comment was, "I'm so excited."  She gets to dress up, ride in a convertible in the parade, and gets to be introduced on stage.  Should be fun!

Y...you know...there's something about tonight that makes me feel so relaxed.  Maybe it's because it is a FRIDAY or maybe it's because we only have 34 more days of school.  Maybe it's because this weekend is supposed to be amazing or maybe it's because I know I have 2 full days with my family.  Whatever it is...I hope this feeling stays.

Happy Friday from The Richardson's!

My Three Happy's:
1) Warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven.  You can't beat that!
2) Seeing my kids smile and laugh hysterically when we were playing horse and they were both riding around on my back and Andy's around the house. 
3) Tomorrow is Saturday...hope it's nice out!

No comments:

Post a Comment