I must admit that this April Fool's Day was actually quite fun. I didn't plan any crazy tricks of my own to play on my family. Ava and Isaiah are still a little to young to understand this silly day. I have been collecting ideas from Family Fun Magazine over the years. They'll be in for some surprises in the years to come.
At our school we decided to have "Favorite Character Day." The teachers and kids were to dress up as their favorite book character. I was none other than Pinkalicious. If you've never read this children's story...you should. It's really cute and anyone that has a little girl needs to own all four stories written about this character. I raided Ava's dress up box and came out with lots of fun pink things to wear. I borrowed some of her pink beaded necklaces, dazzled up my normal silver hoop earrings with pink bracelets that I wrapped around the loops, wore a "light up" pink tutu, had pink fairy wings on my back, wore my hair in pigtails, and wore a pink tiara. Hey...maybe I found my Halloween costume for next year. Here are some pictures of some of my teaching colleagues and I from Friday.
Meet Lindsey...she was Pippi Longstocking. This is the "famous Lindsey" that Ava has named her doll after. I'm sure Lindsey will appreciate this being the first picture I've posted of her.
The other two gals in this picture are Gina (she was Martha) and Wendy (she was George). I've never heard of "Martha and George" but apparently they are two hippos in a story that the 2nd graders in our school read each year. The kids at school got a kick out of seeing their teachers dressed up!
All in all it was a nice April Fool's Day! Last night my parents came down to hang out with us. We ate supper and walked up to the park to play. The kids were outside playing until almost 8:30. This warmer weather is addicting and it just makes you want to "live" outside. I had to pretty much drag them into the house but they both slept well! They had fun and always love seeing Grandpa and Grandma.


No comments:
Post a Comment