1) Seeing a couple celebrate their 61st wedding anniversary and they are still as in love with each other as the day they were married.
Grandpa and Grandma Richardson celebrated their anniversary on Sunday with family. The took us out to eat at a newer restaurant in Ames called The Mongolian Buffet. This was one of those places where you can get American food and authentic. They have a "build your own bowl" option where you can pick different meats, noodles, vegetables, and sauces. They then cook your meal right in front of you on this huge circular grill. I was so amazed at what the kids ate. They tried oysters...Ava didn't care for it...Isaiah didn't seem to mind it. They cracked open crab legs and they both liked crab meet. Isaiah even tried octopus...that was one thing he said he didn't like. Let's just say that everyone left that restaurant full. We really liked it and will go back again. Happy Anniversary!
2) My husband bringing home an early b-day present for me. He found this AMAZING hydrangea bush! It's gorgeous! I'll have to post a picture of it later. Andy also bought me Sarah Jessica Parker New York City perfume. I've never tried it before but really like it...and let's not forgot my favorite bottle of wine.
3) Tomorrow I will be seeing 12 family members to celebrate my b-day with me. We're grilling out! Yum!
4) Getting up tomorrow, getting that first cup of coffee with my favorite creamer, vanilla carmel, (I was introduced to this by my Aunt Barbie) and knowing that I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK! The kid's babysitter Julie took the day off so I will be staying home with the kids. Ava has preschool in the morning so Isaiah and Mommy will be getting his tux measurements for an upcoming wedding we are in and will be running a few errands. Ava is very excited for us to pick her up from preschool.
5) Ava and Isaiah are really looking forward to Isabelle coming over to play at our house tomorrow. They love her to pieces.
6) After tomorrow there are only 13 days of school left!
7) Finishing that book "Heaven is For Real." I loved every minute of this book. It's a very quick read and I would highly recommend it!
8) Watching my two kids want to steam clean our kitchen floor. They got a kick out of making the mop steam and loved helping. I took a few pictures and will post those later too.
9) Our favorite Wednesday night TV shows...Survivor and Modern Family.
10) Ava and Isaiah's love for books. This evening they basically tore every book off of a shelf we have in our dining room and looked through every book. We have what seems like thousands of books in our house everywhere...they enjoyed digging out some old favorite that they had forgotten about.
Instead of my typical "Three Happy's"...I listed 10.
What makes you smile?

Reading about my beautiful niece and her wonderful family makes me smile! I feel the love in every word you write, Amy! Happy Birthday! Love, AB
ReplyDeletemy family makes me smile, right down to those grandkids. I feel so blessed! Happy Birthday, Amy. Can' wait to spend it with you all.
ReplyDeletelove, MOM
The Richardsons make me happy! You are a very, very special family. I really enjoy reading about your adventures. I'll have to check out that heaven book you were telling me about.
ReplyDelete