Easter...here we come. As you know our family loves to craft. Whether it be a collage of random objects, cut up magazine pictures, or an actual organized project, the kids love anything involving glue and scissors. When you add fun art supplies into the mix, you've got them busy for hours.
I found this cute pine cone craft in the April edition of...can you guess...Family Fun Magazine. I thought it looked so fun and was a must to welcome spring. On Sunday we collected some pine cones we found at the park. Some of these we turned into the bunnies...the others we will be using to make a mini bird feeder.
All you need is white paint (or whatever color of paint you want your bunny to be), paper for the ears, nose (the magazine suggested to use mini pom pom balls...we didn't have pink ones...so we just made paper noses), cut up pipe cleaner for the whiskers, googly eyes, and cotton balls for the tail and feet. The magazine also added two little paper teeth...the kids didn't want to add the teeth. Make sure if you do this that you use craft glue...it's much thicker and dries quicker. They loved putting this together and they turned out to be adorable.
Tuesday night we painted the pine cones and let them dry over night.
Ava carefully painting her
The start of a cute project. I wish I had some more pictures of the kids actually making the bunnies, but I ended up holding the pine cone as they glued on the different parts.
Ava's bunny
Isaiah's bunny
Two cute little critters
A back view of their little cottontails.
My Three Happy's:
1) The consistent beautiful days!
2) Eating Spring Oreos...I love Oreos...but we NEVER buy them. The kids picked them out. We will be crushing them up later to make yet another Family Fun spring snack.
3) Reading stories to my kids...every night Andy and I take turns reading bedtime stories to the kids. It's just so nice to relax, one on one, with either Ava or Isaiah and read their favorites. A 15 minute story time typically turns into a 30 minute story time...but we love every minute!







No comments:
Post a Comment