When I woke up this morning I must admit I was worried about the weather. I was hoping for this 80 degree day like the meteorologist had said but instead it was 53 degrees (not bad), breezy, foggy, and a bit damp. The ground was muddy and the grass was wet. Not to worry...the kids put on old clothes and their rain boots. We walked over to the park to play for a bit; their bottoms were so wet by the time we got home from going down the slides. After lunch we headed straight to the bath to clean off. When the kids woke up the sky was sunny and it was 79 degrees and very warm. Ava and Isaiah were both excited to put on shorts, T-shirts, and sandals.
Andy started one of our landscaping projects today. We have so much dirt around the play structure that we decided to mulch around that area. Andy went to Lowes to buy some landscape timbers. Tomorrow he's heading back to buy 70 bags of mulch! The kids were also surprised to hear that we were turning part of the play structure into a sandbox. Andy bought over 500 pounds of sand to fill this area under one of the towers. Ava and Isaiah went with me this afternoon to get some new sand toys and then spent most of the evening digging and exploring.
Ava reading to Isaiah before nap time. She said, "I'll read to Isaiah because I know how to read."
Pictures in the new sandbox
I love my new sand toys!
Andy starting to lay out some of the timbers
Popsicles after dinner
WHAT A GREAT DAY!
My Three Happy's:
1) Isaiah's goofy character...this morning he attempted to "cut" his hair with a scissors...something Ava has never ever done. He took out a little chunk but nothing too bad. Tonight he found an old shoe that was hiding in the back of his closet. It's a little too small for him and who knows where the other shoe is but he told me that he wanted to wear it to bed. When we were cuddling and reading stories, he looked at his shoe and said "It says coolest little brother." When I checked on him he was sound asleep with one shoe on and one shoe off.
2) Watching our backyard start to transform into something even better. Andy works so hard to make things look nice outside. He's the best!
3) Movie night with Andy...the kids went to bed at 9:00...they were having too much fun outside! Now it's just the two of us relaxing!








No comments:
Post a Comment