I haven't blogged in over a week...again! It's been a pretty rough week in our community. Last Monday we lost a first grader. His name was Michael...and he is now with Jesus. His brother Nathan is in my class this year. My days have been filled with consoling children, trying to give comforting words to the family, and also trying to maintain a classroom that is "as normal" as possible. In the evenings, I have been soaking up every minute I can get with Andy, Ava, and Isaiah.
In all this I can't stop thinking about how Heaven works and how God and Jesus take us when they are ready. Our children ultimately belong to God...we are just the lucky ones He has chosen to take care of them for as long as He wants them to be on Earth. My friend Tracy lost her son Nash almost three years ago. He was only 6 months. I think about her everyday! I don't know how people get through something like this. I guess it's their strong faith in the Lord or their loving family and supportive community of friends. I still struggle with the concept of God taking a child away from their "parents." I know in the end that both Nash and Michael are in the most glorious place. They are sitting on the lap of Jesus and will live for eternity...and they are happy.
All this makes me think about all those times when Isaiah and Ava are "grumpy" or are arguing with each other or me. Both Vicki (Michael's Mom) and Tracy would do anything to have their boys back...even if it were for just a few moments. Every second we have with our children are priceless moments that you can never get back.
Please pray for this family...most of you who read this blog do not know the Oler family...but during this time in their life...they need as much love as possible. They are an amazing family.
On a happier note...Happy Belated Easter!
What a fun Sunday! We were fortunate enough to spend the holiday with both our families. Our computer is having "issues" downloading pictures. It's been taking forever. Tonight I don't have the patience to sit and just "wait." So at some point this week I will post some Easter pictures as well as a slide show I'm making.
When I feel like I'm mentally back in the swing of things again...I'll start blogging more regularly. This past week seems like a blur but it is just another reminder that families are so important. For each and every one of you reading this, God brought your family together for a reason. Treasure every moment!
My Three Happy's:
1) At Michael's visitation the family was giving away the new book Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. I've only read a few chapters in it...but so far it's amazing. You have to read it!
2) Celebrating Easter in the morning with the Van Slyke's and then heading over to Grandma and Grandpa Richardson's house to celebrate with Andy's side of the family. We're so LUCKY we live so close to both our families.
3) Tonight I was trying to get the kids in bed early. We attempted to head upstairs at 7:15. Let's just say it's almost 9:00 and the kids JUST fell asleep. The time in between was filled with out of control laughter...the kind of laughter that literally makes your stomach hurt. Andy and I love watching our kids...especially with big smiles on their faces.
MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!
what a beautiful blog this is. Sometimes things happen that help us to feel even more thankful and blessed. My heart and prayers have been with you during this sad time. But those grandkids...oh they light up our eyes, our spirits and our joys
ReplyDeleteThank God for our family! :)
love you all,
MomV