Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Pool Has Officially Opened...That is The Richardson Pool

Below you will find numerous posts about our weekend.  I've gotten behind but used this evening when the kid's went to bed to catch up. 

When I picked the kids up after school today the car thermometer said 96 degrees...seriously...96 degrees!  Pool time!  You should have seen the look on Ava and Isaiah's faces when I said that Daddy was at home getting the pool set up.  They couldn't wait to get home.  Ava even said, "This is the best day ever!"

Time to dig out those swimsuits. 

Lots and lots of pool pictures...time to pick up a bigger one next time we go to Target.  I'm sure this summer we will spend many evenings at the Slater pool.  They have family swim time during the dinner hours and no one is ever there.  I think we may eat early or late and take advantage of that often.

This slide is too small for the kids to play on but makes a fun and safe waterslide.

Isaiah getting ready to slide down



Burr...the water was a little chilly at first.

Your so cute Isaiah!

For my b-day and Mother's Day I always ask for flowers.  I also had a few Lowes gift cards from my b-day too.  Here are some of the flowers we got on Saturday night...there will be many more to come.  Slater has their annual Gardener's Club plant/flower sale this coming Saturday.  I'm sure I'll be there at some point.

Jackson taking advantage of the cool water.

Jackson left the water a little dirty...time to refill with new.


Isaiah and Ava running into the pool.

Splash!




Daddy throwing Ava into the water.

"I'm going to get you Sissie!"

Dinner outside!

What we've planted so far...reds, yellows, and purples out front (the red looks good with our front door and Slater hosts a huge 4th of July celebration and I like the reds for that too)...pinks, yellows, and whites in the backyard.

Ava helping water some flowers.

Isaiah watering one of the "unplanted" containers...what a boy.  He did water some real flowers later.

I love decorating our shed.  I use an old window frame that came from a farmhouse, a metal flower from a local gift shop, and a few hanging baskets.

A few years ago Andy put together this little fire pit area.  It's great for summer nights and roasting marshmallows.

I think it was two years ago when Andy brought this "thing" home from a garage sale.  He got it for $2.00.  I must admit that I was kind of annoyed with the bulky rusty thing.  I LOVE IT NOW!  It turns out that it's an old vintage wash bin that in reality is worth about $80.00.  What a bargain and it looks so cute every year with planted flowers.

My Three Happy's:
1) Waking up to beautiful weather...even at 6:30 in the morning.
2) Spending the weekend with my family and lots of relatives.
3) Flowers, flowers, flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment