Monday, July 2, 2012

Chapter 9: ...and We Lived Happily Ever After


Those ten nights flew by!  I remember laying in bed the first night we got there and I was thinking...yeah...we have nine more nights left.  When I was laying in bed our last night I thought...how could this already be over?  This post concludes our vacation and is filled with lots of the things we did the last few days we were there.

We were at Hollywood Studios this day and had dinner reservations in Germany at Epcot.  We took the boat over to Epcot and enjoyed a nice ride.  The kids liked sitting at the back of the boat so they could see the water.
We passed the Disney Yacht Club Resort and took a quick picture of this boat. We called it a pirate boat.

Isaiah and Ava stopped to play the drums in Morocco on the way to Germany.


 The following are pictures I took while we were waiting around the restaurant and gift shops.



 The inside of the restaurant is made to look like we're sitting outside at night.  They had a huge German buffet, live music, and a great atmosphere.

 Daddy and Isaiah at dinner.


 Mommy and her silly Bootles!


 After dinner we went back to Norway to ride their log ride and stopped to take a picture with this giant troll that was in one of the gift shops.  

Isaiah showing me a shield he found by the troll.

Andy and I waiting for a bus to take us to Magic Kingdom.

The kids were playing Star Wars with characters we had gotten at Hollywood Studios.  

While walking down Main Street I had to stop to take a picture of this darling candy store.  How cute!

We were lucky to arrive just in time to watching one of the morning parades down Main Street.  It was short but filled with so many characters.  Here you can see Mickey and Chip.


Minnie

Why can't I think of this guy...I think he's from either Tarzan or the Jungle Book...note to self...figure this mystery out!

Timon from the Lion King

Mr. Incredible and Frozone

Donald

Woody and Jessie from Toy Story


Goofy


Isaiah was so excited to see that he reached that 40 inch measuring height to ride...

...Splash Mountain!  I knew all that eating he's been doing this year was for a good reason!

This was the Avengers monorail train that took us from Magic Kingdom to The Grand Floridian where our dinner reservation was.

This resort was not too shabby!  What you're looking at is a picture of the lobby that I took from the 2nd floor.  This place is gorgeous!


Why not have a live jazz band playing!


Grandpa and Ava relaxing before our reservation.  Mr. Isaiah was sound asleep in the stroller!

Here we are...1900 Park Fare...a fancy character buffet where you meet the characters in the movie Cinderella.

On the way in their was a Mary Poppins garden feature that you could see out the window.

Getting our picture taken before we go in.

Prince Charming with the kids

The Prince with two lovely ladies.

Lady Tremaine...aka...the stepmother.  Her personality was so much like her character.

Meeting Cinderella

Meet the Stepsisters...Anastasia...

...and Drizella.

I just had to take a picture of these desserts that were on the dessert bar of the buffet.  Going from left to right...clockwise...chocolate mouse (with edible wrapper), carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, key lime pie in a chocolate crust, cheesecake topped with a raspberry, and a fruit tart.  SOOOOOO Yummy!

Rapunzel...boy is it hard to meet her.  The only way is to wait in line...for 40 minutes.  My Dad was amazing.  He volunteered to stand in line and hold our place...which is totally legal at Disney...while we took the kids on a few rides.  We came back and waited about 10 minutes or so with him and here we are.  I love seeing the kids just staring at her in this picture.  We had never met her before.  Last time we went to Disney her movie Tangled had just come out and it was over an hour to see her.  This was such a special treat!

Isaiah, Rapunzel, and Ava...she was so sweet to the kids!

Our last official Disney activity was watching the Spectromagic Parade.  Ugh!  I took so many videos on my camera that I was going to post...but won't work.  These had the really cool floats like Peter Pan, Cinderella, Snow White...but here are few pictures I took.  My favorite ones are on video.  In this picture you can see Tinkerbell riding on the top of the float to the right.

Mickey

Alice...A Very Merry Unbirthday to You!


The whale from Pinocchio

Pete's Dragon

A giant flag as a tribute to our country.


One last ride on the teacups before we left!

Disney trips come and Disney trips go...but our memories and laughs will live happily ever after!  Thank you Mom and Dad for this amazing experience!

My Three Happys:
1) Yeah!  It's been a month but I finally got through the Disney pictures.  Now I can post about summer things before it's over!
2) My cousin Rochelle is visiting us from Texas and will be staying with us for 7 nights.  The kids are beyond excited!
3) Andy turned our hot tub into a swimming pool.  We haven't used it in a long, long time.  He cleaned it out, put new water in, added a few cleaning chemicals, and we just let good old Mr. Sun warm the water up for us.  It was perfect and the kids swam in it for almost 3 hours.  What a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment