Bring on the heat! I can't remember a summer that has been this hot...I'm talking about high 90's with a heat index over 100...for days and days! Along with the high temperatures we've had practically no rain...which means lots of watering. We've pretty much been living at the pool or somewhere that has cold water. The kids love being outside but it's terrible if you're not in the water.
My cousin Rochelle was up visiting from Texas and she was here for a week. She left yesterday to go back but we've had so much fun with her. Ava and Isaiah love her to pieces. She's definitely gotten a glimpse of how crazy and loud a 5 and 3 year old can be!
In this post are some random picture's I've taken that have not made the blog yet. Everyday we have been doing something fun! When the kids wake up they typically say, "What are we going to do today?" The summer has gone by way to fast and I'm starting to get the jitters to go back into my classroom to start working. I try to enjoy my summer and avoid school completely until July. I have to face it...it's time to get organized for next year. Any how...here are these pictures of some things we have been doing. Believe me...these are just a few pictures.
One afternoon the kids wanted to make necklaces. Ava of course wanted to use her bead kits and Fruit Loops.
Isaiah was all about using Fruit Loops only...no girly beads!
The necklaces turned into a snack too!
This pup is beyond tired everyday. During the school year he sleeps all day. During the summer there's too much excitement!
Isaiah was so tired he crashed on my lap for over an hour. He's my sleeper. He'll sleep anywhere! Two days ago both kids fell asleep on the couch. Ava slept in my lap...which NEVER happens. These two babies were beyond tired!
Ava took this picture of herself. I love it!

My parents took us to Madagascar 3 the other day. Isaiah...the kid who will sleep through anything...fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie with his 3D glasses still on. Did I mention that he fell asleep watching the fireworks outside? Who can sleep through all that booming? He can!
My parents took us to Madagascar 3 the other day. Isaiah...the kid who will sleep through anything...fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie with his 3D glasses still on. Did I mention that he fell asleep watching the fireworks outside? Who can sleep through all that booming? He can!
LONG OVERDUE...here are a few Father's Day pictures I took. We went out to eat at Hickory Park with my Dad.
We went to visit Great Grandpa Knaphus for lunch in Story City.
Isaiah loves taking a ride with Grandpa!
Ava with Great Grandpa
We love Daddy! This man is amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father for my kids.
The kids with Grandpa Richardson.
Always smiling with Daddy!
The kids love Sunday nights at Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Richardson's house.
We went to Valentinos for dinner one night. It happened to be kid's night there. Apparently we've never been there on a Tuesday before. They have a little station set up where kids can make their own pizza. They get these cute hats, spread the sauce on, choose their toppings, and then get their pizza cooked and delivered to the table in a little box. They loved this and thought they were pretty cool!
A cute little pizza maker!
A yummy cheese pizza...made by Ava!
Mr. Chef made himself a pepperoni one!
We took a trip to Oklahoma this summer. My cousin Kayla got married and the kids were both in the wedding. After the rehearsal we went back to Kayla and John's house to light lanterns. I need to make a slide show of all the pictures I took at the wedding. There are some cute ones.
The bride and groom...Kayla and John.
Ava and Kayla
Kayla and Mr. Isaiah
I love my babies! They are so so cute...the ring bearer and the flower girl.
Rochelle...Kayla's sister...and the kids.
Ava, Rochelle, Tricia (Kayla and Rochelle's Mom), and Isaiah.
The chapel where they got married.
My parents
Andy and I
My cutie!
My big guy!
The whole family...John, Don (Kayla and Rochelle's Dad), Rochelle, Tricia, and Kayla.
Swimming in the hot tub...aka...pool.
Andy and I relaxing in the sun while the kids jumped around splashing us!
Ava took her first set of swimming lessons this summer. It was an 8 day class. She went in afraid to put her whole face in the water...and is now a fish! This kid swims all the way under water, attempts the crawl stroke and does it pretty well, and has grown to love the water.
She loves swimming with her goggles! Having a season pass to the pool and to Adventureland has really helped. We love the water park at Adventureland and are on our way there in a few minutes. I'm so proud of Ava and how much she's improved! She's ready for level 2 next year! Way to go Bootles!
I told Andy the other day that this summer I've had the most fun I've ever had with the kids. Not that everyday isn't fun with them, but they are now at the age where we can do anything. We've been living at the pool, and have barely been inside at all. You've gotta love summer!
My Three Happy's
1) Going to Adventureland for rides last night and the water park today.
1) Going to Adventureland for rides last night and the water park today.
2) The beautiful days we've been having. The 80's are soooo much better than the high 90's.
3) Craft Wars...a new show I discovered on TLC. It's hosted by Tori Spelling and is on Tuesday nights. It's awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment