Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

What a busy Valentine's Day it as been.  The kids both woke up to a new stuffed animal in their room...Ava had a caterpillar and Isaiah had a frog.  Along with this they each got stickers, candy, heart balloons, and a puzzle they could color.  They were both pretty excited when they got up.

Ava had her party at preschool this morning and both of the kids had their Valentine party at Julie's house (daycare) with their friends.  At Ava's preschool I was in charge of the games.  I used this cute idea from Family Fun magazine again, but adapted it to fit the Valentine theme.  It's a minature golf game made from plates, different kinds of valentine scrapbook paper, pipe cleaners, styrophome balls, and golf clubs.  They also did a relay race with a valentine pillow.  I have some pictures of this on the slide show.  The kids really seemed to enjoy the activities.  I was lucky that my kids were at art while Ava had her party...I was really happy that I could spend some time with her.

 Ava and Mommy at her Valentine Party at preschool this morning.
Isaiah with his giant frog and heart balloon.

At Julie's house they decorated those mailboxes that I ordered, exchanged valentines, and had treats.  Isaiah must have had something chocolate because he came home with some on his chin. 

Tonight for dinner Andy suggested we have "breakfast" for dinner.  The kids thought that would be fun.  Andy got the skillet out and made heart shaped pancakes, eggs, and bacon.  We ate in the family room and watched "Finding Nemo"...part of it...we're going to have to finish the rest another day. 

Ava and Isaiah are both sound a sleep.  They had a great Valentine's Day and we hope you did too!

My Three Happy's:
1) Valentine's Day--Even though Andy and I don't go out and do something fancy, I love spending time with our family at home!
2) Valentine Cookies made by Andy's Mom...she uses this recipe that was passed down from her mother.  The recipe is in the Richardson Cookbook but I've never actually made them myself.  It's just assumed that she will make us a batch each Valentine's Day.  We look forward to it and love it!
3) My class...for some reason today they were wonderful!  I was not expecting such a calm day being that it was party day, but they did an amazing job and we did lots of fun reading, math, and valentine writing activities.  I wish everyday was like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment