Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturdays...You've Gotta Love the Weekend!

Andy found it!  The long lost camera I have been searching for all week has been found.  It was next to our Wii. Last weekend, we used the memory card to upload some pictures onto the Wii for Ava and Isaiah to create puzzles from.  I'm so glad we found it!

Here's a few details of our weekend so far!

Friday:
-We went over to Wes and Kara's house (our friends) to have dinner and see their new house.  It was lots of fun and Ava and Isaiah always enjoy playing with their two boys Carter (1) and Coye (5). 

Saturday:
-Our day started with pancakes and eggs made by Dad!  Yum!

-Andy found a big tub of paper downstairs in one of our storage rooms.  It had tons of card stock, various colors of typing paper, and scrap booking paper.  You should have seen the look on Ava and Isaiah's face when they saw this.  This morning Ava crafted and made books, paper airplanes, cards, hearts, you name it for 2 HOURS!  I'm not kidding...that girl loves glue, tape, scissors, paper, and markers. 

-Isaiah made little projects with Ava too but was interrupted by Andy and I deciding to give him a haircut.  He absolutely hates getting his hair cut.  He's had it done by Andy numerous times but only twice by other people.  It was getting pretty long and shaggy, so Andy took out his kit and went to work.  It looks pretty cute on him!  Isaiah did okay for the most part but got irritable towards the end when Andy was trying use scissors near his face and all the hair was beginning to itch his neck.  Once we threw him in the tub and gave him a lollipop, he was fine! 

-I love decorating the house and switching things around, I've been gradually trying to search through cupboards and storage containers to find long lost treasures that I can use around the house.  The kids don't really mess with the stuff anymore so it's time to get it all back out.  While I was looking, I came across all of our spring decorations and got those out.  The kids were very entertained for a while with their Easter baskets, Easter eggs, and pretending to be the Easter Bunny.  Andy and I were told to "pretend to sleep" while Ava and Isaiah stuffed some of the eggs with treats and hid them.  It won't be too long before the Easter Bunny visits...the little Leprechauns have to come first!

-After lunch the kids ran around the house, jumped off of stools, did somersaults and "tricks," and danced to music.  They love being goofy and it helped to wear them out before naps.

-This evening we met Grandma and Grandpa Van Slyke at Valentinos for dinner.  Then we went to the mall to get new ballet shoes for Ava...her old ones were getting a bit tight.  Grandpa and Grandma bought the kids a new spring coat, Ava picked out a new Tinkerbell nightgown...she already has one but insisted in getting a new one because it was "different...and Isaiah got Toy Story big boy underwear.  He may start wearing them around the house just to see what happens. 

-Andy and I have just settled in for the night to watch a movie.  That concludes our busy Saturday!

My Three Happy's:
1) Isaiah has only gotten out of bed one time so far since last Friday when we got his "big boy bed."  He's doing an amazing job!
2) I stopped biting my nails.  It's a miracle.  We'll see if it lasts.  I always seem to go through phases.
3) Finding my camera...I will be posting some pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment