Tomorrow is "Beach Day" at school and the kids are eating lunch on beach towels, can wear Hawaiian style clothing, and bring hats and sunglasses. So I've tried to create some activities around that theme to do with them. One of the activities we are going to do is to make an "Edible Beach." Using vanilla pudding, crushed Golden Oreos, and shark gummies the kids are going to make a beach in a cup. Tonight I tried it out with the kids and they thought it was pretty neat. Here are a few pictures of this...
Loving those gummy sharks!
"Scooping the Sand" (cookie crumbs)
A finished product. I wish I had little umbrellas for this!
All in all today was filled with "playing post office" with the mailboxes they made yesterday, games, stories, toys, making boats and airplanes out of boxes, and a movie "Alice in Wonderland." They're both sound asleep now probably exhausted from the day. You should see our house...it drives me crazy that it's always messy...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Time is precious and before I know it all the things that constantly clutter the house will be gone. They grow up too fast...I keep reminding myself, I can always pick up a messy house, but I can never go back in time and live a day again.
My Three Happy's
1) Staying Home...although the kids weren't feeling the best, we still had fun at home today.
2) Grilling...even in the winter Andy is still able to whip up some hamburgers for dinner and there's nothing like the taste of grilled food.
3) Pajamas...almost every picture you will see of the kids when they have been home all day shows them in their pajamas. We love it!



Cute idea. You're so creative. I bet you're a great teacher and your students look forward to each day of school.
ReplyDeleteBethany has the same nightgown! One of her favorites!
Amy, those little beach cups are SO cute!!! Hope the kids are better today! Love the pictures...TGIF!
ReplyDelete