This week as been nuts! I feel like school has consumed my "extra time." I've been getting report cards ready, conference materials organized, and had to be on the committee that was interviewed by the state at our school's site visit this week. Talk about pressure...but it didn't turn out to be as scary as I thought. With all of this stuff, I still NEVER let it take the time I have away from the kids. My blog time has been taken over by other things lately...but spring break is coming up this Friday and I will have my personal life back!! Yeah!
If you're in the education field or follow children's literature, you may know that Dr. Seuss's birthday was on March 2nd. On Thursday night the kids wanted breakfast for dinner "Seuss Style." We made green eggs and ham, green butter for our toast, green syrup for our pancakes, green peanut butter (looked terrible, but Ava ate it on her toast), green juice, and green milk. I suppose you could say it was somewhat of a St. Patrick's Day theme too. Here is Mr. Isaiah mixing up the eggs.
In went the green food coloring. Of course he wanted to "multitask" and eat slices of cheese while stirring.
Yeah, I know...it looks like of yucky...but it tastes the same. I'm making this for my class on Tuesday to go along with the story Green Eggs and Ham. There are so many fun activities to do with this story.
Miss Ava is our picky eater...but she actually tried everything and liked it.
Isaiah loves anything food. He's always loved food since he was a baby. This kid will try ANYTHING! Lately he's really started liking fish and shrimp. We will be going to a fun seafood restaurant in Disney World, Captain Jack's, and he's already told me he wants to order shrimp.
After dinner Ava told us all about musical chairs. She told us everything from what we need, to how to set it up to play. I bet we played for about 30 minutes or so. The kids got a kick out of watching Andy and I get out of the game.
The kids galloped, marched, clapped...you name it. What an easy game to play and they had so much fun!
Here's the next stage of the leprechaun house. It's pretty cute now. We just need a little ledge for him to stand on so he can climb the ladder and "fall into the trap." One more week until that sneaky guy visits our house and makes all kinds of mischief.
In a previous post I talked about how the kids wanted to make Star Wars droids. We made the droids out of construction paper and markers. Isaiah loved that this guy stands up by himself.
Ava working on hers...
...and the finished product. These are both hanging on the kid's bedroom doors now.
My Three Happy's:
1) My sister, Kevin, and Isabelle came over to play yesterday and to eat dinner. How terrible is it that I completely forgot to take pictures. Isabelle has really grown up and is turning into a little lady! They left with this big car race track thing and a giant tiger that Isabelle can ride on...less stuff for us and more to add to their house.
2) Our dryer broke the other day...the heating element went out and it was going to be pretty expensive to fix. We just decided to buy a new dryer. The washer has been acting weird too so we found a good deal at Lowes and got them both. We really liked the front load ones...so that's what we got. They come Monday and I can't wait. How sad is it that it will be "fun to do laundry again."
3) Andy and I stayed up until after 11 last night watching a movie called Courageous. This is a Christian based movie about a father who finds his faith in God after his daughter dies in a car accident. He realizes that he wants to be a better dad and husband to his wife and son. What a tear jerker! It was an amazing movie with a powerful message. One thing it makes you think about is that your job and hobbies will be worth nothing when you leave earth, but the souls and character of your children will reflect you and how you raised them. What a powerful movie...a must see!
A GREAT movie....we watched it too.....!!!! Helps us to remember how thankful we are for you guys! :)
ReplyDelete