Friday, March 9, 2012

Time for a Break!

 Today marks the first day of our spring break!  We have been waiting for this day for a long time.  This year our break backed up to conferences.  Andy and I have been busy at school teaching all day and then had conferences from 12:30-7:00 both Wednesday and Thursday night.  But now...it's officially over and I can put school on the back burner for a while and concentrate on having fun with my family.  I can't tell you how nice it was to wake up this morning and not rush out of the house.  Everyone still has their pajamas on...life is good!  Since we've been missing in action this week I had a few random pictures from last week to post.  I'm sure I'll be blogging much more this week since we're home. 

Andy's grandpa is a member of the Ames Kiwanis.  We went to Ames to enjoy their annual pancake breakfast.  Isaiah insisted that he was going to eat 10 pancakes and Ava wanted to eat 8.  I think it was more like 3 and 2 but they had lots of fun. 

I thought since I took of picture of Grandpa "relaxing," that I should probably post one of him working too. 

After an early lunch we went to Lowes to get the washer and dryer.  You know summer is right around the corner when Lowes brings out their mowers.  The kids love playing on these.  I was trying to tell Isaiah about the different parts of the mower and he said, "Mom, I already know all of that."  He was even telling me where to put your water bottle and fruit snacks when you mow.  Ava gets a kick out of him too and always looks at me, smiles, and says, "Oh....little brothers."
I love when he says, "These are John Deere ones.  See it says, John Deere."

On Sunday evening Ava had yet another birthday party for one of her classmates at school.  Her little friend Blake invited her whole class to The Playground, the same place where Ava had her party.  She had a blast.  I took a few pictures of Miss Ava.

Ava's best bud is Miss Reagan.  Ava is the one in the purple Micky Mouse shirt and Reagan is to the right of her.  They are so much alike and just love being around each other.

Well...now that it's break, what's on the list of things to do??
**Shopping, going out to eat, going to The Lorax, the Science Center, inviting friends over to play, and playing at friend's houses, seeing family more, celebrating my Dad's b-day, getting together with The Vermeers and The Browns (family friends with kids), and just plain old relaxing...the weather is supposed to be in the upper 60's this weekend so I'm sure we'll be outside quite a bit too.  We have no BIG vacation plans...we're just going to do little things that we never have time for during a normal school week.  I can't wait!  Oh...and maybe I should TRY to pick up the house...just a little.

My Three Happy's:
1) My Aunt Barbie came up from Indiana to visit.  We love when she comes back and my Uncle Dave will be back on Saturday.  It's so nice to see them again!
2) Doing nothing and having no "real" schedule.  We'll be busy doing lots of fun things...but we don't have to rush around!
3) Being with Andy and the kids!  There's nothing else I'd rather do!

No comments:

Post a Comment