Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Trap is all Set so We'll Patiently Wait...for One Sneaky Leprechaun to take the bait!

We're ready!  Tonight I talked to the kids about how around this time last year we put out Lucky Charms cereal as bait to attempt to catch our first leprechaun.  They asked me if I thought the leprechaun would come tonight.   I said, "I'm not sure, but we can set up the trap and put the cereal out to see."  Tonight the kids decided they wanted the trap on the table.  We also used a "rope" instead of a ladder this year.  They figured the leprechaun could climb the rope to get to the top of the box.  The kids are SOOO excited so see if this little green guy tip toes around our house tonight.   We'll just have to wait and see!

Earlier this week I brought home the pattern from school of a leprechaun craft.  We used paper from around the house to make a similar one.  We added shirts, shorts, and a belt.  How cute did these turn out!  Ava's is on the left and Isaiah's on the right.

Tonight Isaiah said, "Take a picture of me standing between the two leprechauns."

Ava and Isaiah getting Lucky Charms cereal out to scatter around the table and on the trap.

I think we're ready...we'll see what kind of mischief this funny green man makes tonight!

My Three Happy's:
1) 75 degrees...are you kidding...and maybe even warmer in the direct sun!  We spent the ENTIRE day outside.  We went to the zoo with my sister and Isabelle and then went back to her house to play afterwards.  The kids were soaked from the water table and from playing with the hose. Yes...it was that warm!  Pictures of our zoo trip coming soon. 
2) My 5:45 and 6:00 early risers are sleeping in!  I know...it's going to be a horrible transition when we go back to school soon...but I'm loving it!  We've been letting them stay up a little later and they've both been sleeping until 7:45 or 8:00.  Ahhh...this reminds me of summer!
3) The robins are back and it's light out after dinner.  Is it safe to say that winter is over and we will have only nice weather from here on out?  Hope so...this entire week is supposed to be in the upper 70's...talk about a perfect spring break!
**An extra 4th Happy: I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE being home with Andy and the kids.  Every day has been filled with something fun and we've pretty much spent every waking moment together.  Sounds a little cheesy...but I love my family and treasure every single second we get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment