Friday, January 6, 2012

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

...heard of this children's book title before?  That pretty much sums up the last two days at our house.  A bad case of the flu invaded our home and we were sick beyond belief.  Isaiah had been sick earlier over break, but only for a few hours.  Ava became pretty sick on Tuesday night, followed by Andy two hours later, followed by me six hours later.  I really can't remember a time when I felt this horrible...it was awful!  The worst of it lasted for about 6 hours and was pretty much over after 24 hours.  Our whole family stayed home from school on Wednesday and Thursday just trying to get better. We watched lots of movies, ate lots of soup, toast, and crackers, and drank tons of Gatorade.  Today was a new day...we woke up like usual, had our coffee, got dressed, and carried on as normal.  Thank goodness!

Sorry I have no recent pictures that I've taken to show you...more to come this weekend.

My Three Happy's:
1.  My Dad's hip replacement surgery went well.  Unfortunately since we've all been sick we are not able to go visit him...doctor's orders.  The recovery is long...and if you know my Dad he is not the type of person who likes to sit still.  This will be a challenge for him.  The perk...walking around Disney World come May/June with a new hip and no pain...all worth it.  Please continue the prayers for my Dad to give him strength to get through this.  Love you Dad!

2) Tomorrow we will be going to visit Aunt Jody and Tim.  They got back from Florida on Monday and have gifts from Disney World to give the kids.  We're also joining them for dinner with Andy's parents, Tim's Mom, and possibly Tim's sister.  We're really excited to meet his family and get to know them better.

3) The weather...our outside thermometer read 64 degrees yesterday.  How is that even possible?  I keep telling myself...it's got to snow at some point...doesn't it?  All we've had so far was one little snow flurry and that was barely enough to dust the ground.  I know that I shouldn't be wishing for snow but I know Ava and Isaiah are really excited to make their first snowman and snowfort this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment