Monday, January 23, 2012

Mr. Winter is Finally Here

It's officially winter time in Iowa.  I was seriously beginning to think that Old Mister Winter was going to pass us by...I should have known.  We've had a few snow flurries, some sleet, howling winds, and frigid cold temperatures.  Today we even had a 10:00 late start for school.  You know it's not nice out when school is delayed.  It actually turned out to be a decent day this afternoon.  The temperature was tolerable and I enjoyed going outside for recess duty.  The kids have basically been trapped inside for three days for inside recess and they were so excited to get out.

Last weekend the weather was nice in the morning so we took the kids outside to play in the snow.  This was their first time being bundled up with boots, snow pants,...the works!  They LOVE being out in the snow.  I think we were out for over 2 hours.  The time went by fast!

Isaiah loves brushing snow off things...the deck, the benches, the hot tub, you name it.  He was using a broom to brush the snow off the driveway...Daddy's little helper!


Ava loves to make snow angels!



Trying to make a snowball

Ready for a sled ride...on your mark, get set...

Go!  Run Daddy Run!!!  Back and forth Andy went...they wore him out!  We pulled...when I say we I usually mean Andy..them to the the park and they played there for a while.


Ava catching snowflakes on her tongue

You're never too old to catch snowflakes!

Isaiah was trying it too!

The kids went on a "Nature Walk" with Daddy.  They took pictures of different animal tracks they found in the snow.



One last cute picture of Miss Ava cuddling on our bed with Jackson...that dog thinks he's just as much a kid as they are.

My Three Happy's:
1) 2 hour late start!  Although I'm a bit behind with what a wanted to teach today...it was a nice transition into the week.
2) The 100th Day of school is on Wednesday this week.  That means 80 more days until summer vacation!
3) DVR shows!  Andy and I hardly ever have the TV on when we're home after school.  But it's so fun to look forward to cuddling up with a warm blanket and catching up on our favorite shows.  Let's see...tonight we have Desperate Housewives...I know it's far fetched...but I love it and it's in the last season, Mike and Molly, Two and  a Half Men, and Modern Family from last week.  You've gotta love Phil!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like somebody had fun in the snow....(and not just the kids!) Glad they were finally able to go out in and play!

    ReplyDelete