Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving "Richardson Style"

One thing that Andy and I are so thankful for is the opportunity to be with both of our families during the holidays.  Today was "Thanksgiving with the Richardson's."  Tomorrow we venture a whole 15 miles to Ames to have our 2nd Thanksgiving with the Van Slyke's. 

What was on the menu today?
...turkey (roasted and smoked), sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rutabaga with bacon (sooo good!), green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, raspberry jello salad, veggies, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and lemon chess pie ( I think that's how you spell it????).  Today I have discovered that I absolutely love Janet's pecan pie.  I guess throughout the years I've never really had it because I've always eaten the other pies.  I was in heaven today when I had it...absolutely delicious!

Who was there?
...our family, Dan, Janet, Jody, Tim, Uncle Darrell, Cousin Kirstin, and Great Grandpa

Here are  few pictures from today...

Isaiah reading to Harley

Ava coloring with Grandpa after dinner

Isaiah, Great Grandpa, and Ava

Isaiah doing a puzzle with Jody

Ava, Isaiah, and Grandpa going on a "ride through the jungle" to look for animals hidden outside around their house.  They look forward to this every time we come out here.

Aunt Jody went along for the ride too...she's never seen this "jungle" before.

Grandma and Ava...she gave Ava a new ornament for her Christmas tree...a beautiful princess castle.  Isaiah got a football ornament too.

Isaiah fell asleep on the coach after dinner along with Jody's boyfriend Tim.  I guess these two ate too much turkey!  They were out for about 45 minutes or so.  Lots of pictures were taken!

Andy's grandma was not able to be with us.  She's been in the hospital since Saturday.  Her blood was too thin as a result of a new medication she was taking and they discovered a gull bladder stone in her body.  Tomorrow they will be doing surgery to remove the stone.  We would appreciate prayers for her tomorrow morning.  She is such a strong woman.  We love her so much and just want her back home where she belongs.  It wasn't the same without her there today and we missed her tons!  We are praying for you Grandma and love you more than you will ever know!

I'm thankful...
    I'm thankful for my amazing husband, my children, Jackson, family, friends, our home, and having God in our lives and knowing that He is there to protect us where ever we are.  I'm thankful for Hickory Park cheeseballs, Target, our local grocery store Larry's, Scentsy burners, and Christmas trees.  I'm thankful for Christmas lights, Disney World, pictures of my family, and coffee.  I'm thankful for seafood, movie nights with popcorn, and that fact that Andy and I were chosen and trusted by God to raise Ava and Isaiah.  I'm thankful for Frank Sinatra's music, classic Christmas songs, Jordan Creek mall, and a good recipe.  I'm thankful for the life that I have been given and the people who are here to enjoy every minute with me. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

My Three Happy's:
1) I've already said this, but being able to spend Thanksgiving with both of our families.
2) Did I mention we have a new floor upstairs in our family room?  Yes...the carpet is all gone and has been replaced with a chocolate brown laminate.  It's gorgeous...pictures to come later.  My husband is amazing and has been working sooo hard!
3) Making pumpkin bars to bring to my parent's house tomorrow...it's just a little reminder of my Grandma Thompson who used to bring them every year.  Now it's my little way of remembering her on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment