Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween Come and Gone...

Well, here I am again putting pictures on the blog that are LONG OVERDUE!  Last week was conferences and let me tell you that as a teacher...that about does you in.  I'm really going to try much harder to get back into posting on a more regular basis.  I had these pictures and I thought they were so fun.  Here you have it...a look at the Halloween Spooktacular events that were held at the Huxley 3C's center.

Ava and Isaiah posing in front of the ghosts they have.  I have the same picture of the kids last year in front of the same ghosts and my do they both look so much older now!

It seemed like we had to stop and pose with every Halloween creature we came upon.


The kids got a card and they had to complete different station activities to earn a stamp.  Once their card was complete they got to turn it in for a prize.  Here are the kids are doing the tire jumping station.


Pumpkin bowling...they threw little gourds and tried to knock over pop bottles that were decorated like ghosts.



Pumpkin golfing


Ring toss

This was like Bozo's "Grand Prize Game."  They tossed little balls into each Jack-o-lantern.

They had this station where the kids had to reach into the bag and feel different "creepy" things.  For example they had worms as the picture on the box...but inside was really just cooked spaghetti noodles.




I think this is Officer McGruff????  Is that right?  I'm completely drawing a blank on this one.  Regardless of what his name was, Ava wanted a picture with him.

Ava and her preschool friend Reagan

Ava picked out a Jonas Brother's storage container...I have NO idea how she even knows about them.  We've never listened to their music or seen them on TV.  I guess they are advertised everywhere around Target and I've told her a few times who they are. 

Isaiah picked out scuba gear.  He loves using this in the bathtub.

The next room had arts and crafts activities.  Here they are making fingerprint spiders.

Grandpa watching Isaiah make his craft

Grandma helping Ava make a Halloween picture frame

Grandma, Isaiah, and Grandpa

The cookie decorating station


I can't believe that Thanksgiving is a week and half away and that Christmas is coming up sooner than we think.  This house is ready.  I have most of the decorations up already.  We're missing our real tree that we cut down after Thanksgiving and a few odds and ends that I am still trying to find a place for.  I love looking at Christmas decorations for as long as I can. 

Happy Decorating!

My Three Happy's:
1) Tonight at dinner Isaiah had black olives on each finger on each hand.  I have no idea why...but that kid loves black olives! 
2) Ava was assigned a turkey project for preschool and we spent probably an hour working on it tonight.  I'll have to take a picture of it before we take it to school on Monday.  This turkey is decked out to the max!  Ava did pretty much all of it by herself.  It looks like something out of a Fancy Nancy book.  She was very proud!
3) It's Friday!  The weather was great today...let's not forget the snow we had on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning...and it's the weekend!  How much better can it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment