In this story Fancy Nancy shows her family how to make turkeys from tracing and cutting out your hand. To dazzle it up she uses glitter, sequins, feathers, etc.
Here's our version!
First a little tracing and a little cutting...
...then it's time to add the eyes and bill (we learned that's the official wording for the "beak" of a turkey)...
...next glue on the sequins, jewels, and colorful feathers...
...and there you have it! Turkey Art!
Time to dress Daddy up! What a creative way to use left over tissue paper. Daddy got a hat, hair, and bracelets. The kids had fun decking him out!
Here is the picture after all the turkeys had dried. We each made one with our handprint and put them on the back door. Doesn't that make a cute Thanksgiving decoration!
In an older post I had mentioned that Ava had worked on a turkey project for her preschool class. Over the weekend she was told to decorate the turkey and include things that she was thankful for. I know she would have said many more things but she only had five feathers: Isaiah, Daddy and Mommy, both Grandpas and Grandmas, Jackson, her house, and food. She wrote her name "Ava's" and then below wrote 'Thankful for." This turkey reminds me of something right out of one of those Fancy Nancy stories! She did everything on her own with the exception of cutting out the pictures of family members and I put the drops of glue while she put the sequins on. Pretty good for a preschool kid!
I had to share this picture...we had appetizer night one evening and Isaiah thought it would be fun to put 10 jumbo sized olives on his fingers. What a goof!
Last random picture...spoiled Mr. Squirrel who sits comfortably in our tree eating corn day in an day out. Must be a rough life!
My Three Happy's:
1) Tonight we spent an hour making crafts again with the kids. They wanted to use their hands to make Christmas wreaths and a Christmas tree to decorate their room. After we traced and cut out over 25 little hands these projects turned out to be soooo cute! I took pictures and will post them soon. Thank goodness I'm an elementary school teacher...I LOVE craft projects.
2) Tomorrow is Friday...and next week we only have school on Monday and Tuesday! Woo Hoo! An extra long Thanksgiving break this year!
3) ISU's last home football game is tomorrow night. Andy and I were going to go by ourselves but the little munchkins both REALLY want to go...talk about die hard Cyclone fans already! It's going to be chilly one! If we bundle up tight, drink lots of hot cocoa, visit the heated bathrooms every once in a while, and run around on the hill to keep warm, we'll probably make it for at least 2 quarters if not longer. We'll see how it goes! Go State!











No comments:
Post a Comment