Andy is really busy with football! His freshman team won last week and the varsity team did as well! They're away at Adel tonight and I'm not sure how they did yet. Hopefully they'll have a successful season like last year! It takes a special and patient person to teach early kindergarten through 2nd grade PE. The kids ADORE Andy...I don't know how he does it some days...but he loves what he does!
Miss Ava thinks that preschool is the best thing since sliced bread! She comes home each night so excited to share with us about her day and loves showing us the papers that she brought home. According to her..she's the only one who can take these papers out of her folder. Wednesday night marked a moment in history for her...she could change her earrings. It's been 6 weeks since she ventured out to pierce her ears. As you can imagine her jewelry box...which is already exploding with necklaces, bracelets, hair pieces, rings...is now home to 16 pairs of earrings. Crazy! I'm sure that number will double VERY SOON! I love this new project that her class did the other day. The read a story I Like Myself and traced a life sized picture of their body. The kids each decorated and colored themselves and they are hanging in the hallway outside of the preschool room. I'll have to take a picture of Ava's sometime. Although she didn't spend a tremendous amount of time coloring her clothes, she added so much detail. From her eyes and eyelashes, to her jewelry...this girl...I mean cut-out model...is decked out. Next week I plan to get her signed up for dance. She is going to take tap, jazz, and ballet this year...she must have done great last year because those were the recommended classes for her and the level she will be in is for 5-6 year old. I'm one proud Mama! I know she can't wait to get her groove on for jazz!
Mr. Isaiah is continuing to melt my heart. He is starting to really want to work on learning his letters so we've been trying to practice as much as possible. Every week I try to introduce a new letter. He's up to about 11 that he knows pretty well so far...some he can even tell me what sound they make. What a smartie! If you could see the family room floor upstairs right now you'd laugh. The rest of the house is still clean from the "deep cleaning" we did for Isaiah's b-day party last weekend. But this room is cluttered with every toy that he got from his birthday and they're all just spread out in all corners of the room. Now...where to put all this stuff! When we went to Andy's football game last weekend, Isaiah was just in awe of the football players as they broke through the paper and entered the field. He admires those guys and would turn around and tell me, "Mom, I want to be a football player and put on my helmet and my gloves and tackle people." Love it! I'm sure his Daddy will be a great coach!
Go ISU!!!!!!!! We're off to Jack Trice Stadium tomorrow afternoon for the first Cyclone game of the season. A little tailgating...and a whole lotta' football! Now with the new scoreboard that ISU installed it should be a total new look! The kids are so excited to see the marching band, cheerleaders, dance team, and of course the Cyclones. Time to break out Ava's ISU cheerleading uniform and the Nike Cyclone jersey for Isaiah. There's nothing better than a nice evening and football. Now that the kids have gotten to this age, it's so fun to do these kinds of things together. Andy's Aunt Deanna, Uncle Tim, and cousins Leita and Brad are coming back as well...another added bonus to the weekend!
What else...oh, I better beg Andy to dig back into our storage room behind the what seems like hundreds of Christmas tubs to find my fall decorations. I love every color, scent, and feeling associated with this season. As my one of my favorite teacher bloggers would say, "I'm 12 kinds of excited about decorating for fall!"
Happy Weekend!
My Three Happy's:
1) Yea!!! A three day weekend!
2) GO Cyclones...I love Cyclone football!
3) Going to the Winnie the Pooh movie with the kids and my Mom tonight. Thanks for dinner and the show Mom! We loved it!
***More pictures soon!***
No comments:
Post a Comment