Yes, I know...no pictures again. It's almost 10:00, I've already been asleep in Ava's bed for an hour, Andy's sleeping in Isaiah's bed, and well...we're all exhausted. I thought a quick post of words was better than nothing!
Today I found myself in one of those frustrating moments and just had to laugh! After school...it was BEAUTIFUL out...we got home and I wanted to keep the kids outside to play. Miss Ava barely could keep her eyes open on the way home from preschool and started to doze off in the car. I asked her if she wanted me to put her in the jogger stroller so she could sleep and I was lucky to get a little nod. No sooner had a I picked her up...she was sound asleep again in the stroller. I can't tell you the last time that girl was in there. So here I was with my 41 lb 4 1/2 year old in a stroller, my 3 year old on his big wheel, and why did I do this...but I took 110 lb Jackson on his leash and off we went. To get a better picture, I was dressed in my nice school clothes with my nice shoes, pushing a heavy stroller while being pulled by a huge dog, and in the meantime was trying to control a crazy little boy who was zipping down the street.
When we got to the park Isaiah wanted to play "pretend baseball" with me...remember I still have Jackson at my side. We pretended to pitch the ball, hit it, and run the bases over and over again while Ava sat...still asleep in the shade. After lots of running and one dusty mommy, we headed over to the park. Ava woke up then and they both played for a while...finally 2 minutes to rest my feet...why did I wear my nice shoes on a walk? Then both kids had to go to the bathroom in the Porto Potty (is that even how you spell it??) Here I am holding wild Jackson in one hand, holding open the yucky door with my hip, and trying to help both kids use the restroom. I thought I was going to go crazy...but I just laughed it off to myself.
It's so nice right now...my feet are up...I just finished my lesson plans for tomorrow ( I have a sub so I can do some individual testing on each child) and now I can catch up on my favorite teacher blogs! What a day!
My Three Happy's:
1) Loving my job! I really am enjoying this year...I'm crazy tired when I get home...but am having so much fun this year!
2) Watching Ava try fresh spinach at dinner and having Isaiah say, "Mom, can I have more spinach?"
3) Amazing weather...here comes fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment