I'd have these pictures sitting in my camera for quite some time and I have been excited to show everyone my new treasures! As you may know, I love incorporating "the old" with "the new." I love seeing little vintage pieces placed randomly around the house. The stories behind each piece makes them unique in their own way and to think that someone years ago was using them in their home somewhere makes it very special to me.
Andy's Grandparents, Lowell and Doris Richardson, have what some might call a "Picker's Dream" in their home. I love watching The American Pickers and about a month ago I felt like I was doing what they do...picking. Andy's grandpa has a shed out back filled with really cool stuff and we haven't even looked yet in their basement...but apparently there are some neat things down there as well.
Here are some pictures of what I found...all of these pieces have been added to our already existing collection of furniture. Wait till you see my favorites!
I LOVE this basket! It's perfect in our family room downstairs for blankets. It reminds me of something that is sold at Pottery Barn.
Wooden crates...I can't seem to get enough of these. I already have a couple in our family room upstairs.
I really like this vintage chair. The dark wood matches the color scheme around our house. Believe it or not this chair looks pretty nice mixed in with our new kitchen set but right now I just have it tucked in a cozy corner in our dining room to pull up for extra seating. I love thinking about who could have sat in this chair.
MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!! Andy's grandpa was ready to throw this thing away. It was in pretty bad shape...paint chipped off, it was wobbly, and pretty dirty when we found it. There was something about it that I loved and I went back and forth about taking it. Andy finally just threw it in the back of the trunk...just in case. After a little furniture oil spray and few minor fixes...here you have it. How cute is this?! I love the chipped paint look. We added a few metal containers we got too and another smaller wooden crate underneath. This sits under the stairs in our family room.
This worn-looking red shelf is pretty cool too. Andy and I have been wanting to add a small piece of furniture to our bathroom downstairs...this was perfect. We have it sitting against the wall when you come in. It's perfect to house soaps, magazines, extra toilet paper, and Andy's shaving supplies. This was tucked away in the shed too...a buried treasure in my opinion!
...and that's not all. I wish I would have snapped a few pictures of the other things. We took a cute little mini desk that we use for the laptop (it could also serve as an nightstand), an old worn bench that we have outside on our front porch that we have our fall mums next to, and an old metal creamer ( I have some of the cornstalks from our garden gathered in that next to our front door...pictures of fall coming soon).
My Three Happy's:
1) Seeing all these pieces add character to our house...thanks Grandpa and Grandma
2) It's Saturday! You have no idea how much I appreciate the weekends.
3) I've been up since 5:30 with Isaiah...he has a little tummy bug...hopefully it goes away today. I love cuddling with him...just the two of us!





No comments:
Post a Comment