This is an awesome orchard that is only 15 minutes from our house. I bought season passes for the kids and myself (it's cheaper than going twice) so now we can go whenever we want as many times as we'd like. There are TONS of things to do there and they have the cutest shop filled with anything apple you'd want to buy...apple pancake mix, Carmel apples, apple cider slushies, apple donuts, apple butter...you name it, they make it. If you click on the link "Apples, Hay, and Corn...Oh My" you will be able to see a new slide show of all the things we did. I put a few pictures below but I took a total of 70 pictures yesterday...it's so much easier to fit them all into a slide show! We were there for 2 1/2 hours and the kids were beyond exhausted when we got home...but loved every minute. Ava already asked to go back tomorrow...I think we'll avoid the CRAZY weekends and enjoy the 15 or less people that come during the week after school.
Apples, Hay, and Corn...Oh My
Mommy and her loves at the entrance to the orchard. A kind worker asked if I would like him to take our picture. It seems like I hardly take any of myself with the kids!
Two little goofballs pretending to be farmers
The corn pool they have is SOOOOO much fun!
The kids love playing in the Three Little Pigs' houses
Milking "Molly Moo"
These slides are awesome...you ride down on old potato sacks. Isaiah went in my lap at first, but once he saw brave Ava, he wanted to try it by himself too. From that point on he wanted to go all by himself!
Typically they have tractors that take you to the actual apple orchard...but not during the week. It was a hike but the kids wanted to do it. Along the way they have cute little scenes like this one to stop and take pictures at.
A job well done...a bag filled with fresh picked apples!
Now these pictures below are from tonight. Daddy was at a football game. The kids and I got to cooking some yummy apple crisp. They're excited for Daddy to get home and try it.
Isaiah using the apple peeler
The kids LOVE this thing!
Adding the apples to the pan...the kids helped me grease it with spray. Let's just say there was a little oil flying through the air at times. But they got the job done!
Mixing up the yummies: oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Crumbling it onto the apples...it sure smelled like fall in our house tonight!
My Three Happy's:
1) Watching both my kids drift off to sleep tonight. They are beyond precious!
2) Catching up on the blog
3) Getting my haystack from Flowerama to decorate the front of the house. This is always so cute when we get pumpkins and gourds! I'll have to post some pictures of the house decorated for fall! Happy weekend!














No comments:
Post a Comment