Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chapter 5: Snow and Seafood



So here's the story behind Blizzard Beach...I copied this from their website so I could get it right.

"After a freak snow storm blanketed Florida in white, a ski resort sprang up with slalom courses, toboggan slides and iceberg walkways. When the weather shifted back to hot, the whole resort started to melt. What to do?
An enterprising alligator saw an opportunity. Clad in a scarf and hat, the gator slid down the ski jump, shouting "Yahoooo!" all the way. With a big splash he landed in a pool of melted snow below the mountain, and the slushy, slippery slopes became an exhilarating water park like no other in the world."


This cute little snowman family is at the entrance of Blizzard Beach.  I love the snow and winter touches that you can see all over this water park.


No way would I EVER go down that slide...Summit Plummet!  Way too steep...I'm a chicken!  I hardly took any pictures at this park.  We were constantly in the wave pool, lazy river, and we rode this really fun family tube ride, Teamboat Springs. We rode in this giant tube down a long slide.  It was pretty fast and we got splashed a lot!  To get to the top of this big tube ride we rode on a chair lift.
They had this cute little hoop and duck game as you walked into the park.  The kids were all over this!


My parents rented our own private area at this water park.  We had our own chairs, umbrellas, little table, and sand area...it was great!  It also overlooked the huge wave pool.  It was so nice to get there and not have to search for lawn chairs. Here's Isaiah making a snow angel in the sand.

Ava making one too.  They also made tons of sand castles and collected water that splashed up from the wave pool.  There was really no way to take pictures.  We tubed around the lazy river over and over and if we weren't doing that...we were in the wave pool or on slides.  Too much fun!

For dinner we went back to Downtown Disney to eat at Cap'n Jacks.  If you love seafood you'd love this place.  I had an amazing lobster and shrimp pasta. 

Miss Isabelle posing in front of the decorations towards the entrance.

Two cute cousins...Mr. Isaiah was not in the mood for a picture here.

Time for a family picture during dinner!  They had the best key lime pie...it was to die for!

After dinner we shopped some more at Downtown Disney.  Earlier I mentioned how I love all the neat shops.  Goofy's Candy Co. was so cute!  I love this GIGANTIC rice krispie Minnie Mouse.  It looked yummy!

Here I am standing inside the store...the display behind me was made of lots and lots of jellybeans.  I had Andy take this picture of me...I think this was the only one of just me on the trip.  We ended up leaving with a few bags of candy.

My Three Happy's:
1) Rain!!!!  We finally got some rain last night.  It takes quite a while to water the garden and all the flowers I've planted.  We really needed it!  
2) Burn Notice started again this week.  Most of the shows that Andy and I watch are only on during the school year.  Burn Notice always starts their season during the summer.  We were very excited to see it on our saved recordings!
3) This morning both kids woke up at 8:45...how awesome is that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment