Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rainbow Water

First off, blogger has been a bit strange lately.  For the past few days I've been trying to upload pictures and make a post.  It was as if someone had re-imaged it and things were in different places and I was unable to do any kind of typing or pictures.  When I logged on today things were just as they should be!  Technology...you never know how it can change! 

I look back and realize it's been over a week since my last post.  Really???? This week as flashed before my eyes as has so much of this year! 

On to this post...rainbow water.  The kids were taking a bath a few nights ago and I wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary.  We called it our "Science Experiments."  They were all about his...sometimes I feel like I have to ask them a million times to get in the tub.  This time I couldn't start the water fast enough.  They were ready to go.  We started out with food coloring and water.  I used little plastic muffin liners.  Ava and Isaiah filled each liner with a little bit of water.  I then added a few drops of different colors to the water.  We watched what happened and then stirred with paint brushes.  Then dump...that colored water went into the tub.

Next up was foamy soap.  They squirted some Bath and Body Works soap into each container and we added drops of food coloring to the bubbles.  It was neat to watch the bubbles absorb the coloring...it reminded me of a snow cone.  This was like creating your own washable bathtub paint!

Isaiah was painting some kind of scene on the side of the bathtub.

At first I thought...this better not stain the tub...but nope.  It wiped away perfectly clean!  They loved this.  We then moved on to oil and water and they thought it was cool to see that they don't really mix that well.  I think this was one of the best baths they've ever had!  Tonight we used water colors and paintbrushes in the tub.  The walls were covered with "artwork,"  but that wiped away clean too.

All the foamy soap colors we used

Miss Ava wanted her hair like Mommy's.

She wanted her hair braided and guess who did this...Daddy!  How cute is this!

One happy Bootles!

Yesterday it was actually quite nice out.  We headed out to the backyard and played on the play set.  We haven't done this in so long.  They loved the swings.  I told Isaiah the blue baby swing is going to be taken down this summer...he's just too big for it now and does just fine in a normal swing. I think he just likes the security of being able to swing high and not hold on! 

The kids were pretending they were on Disney World rides.  First it was Winnie the Pooh, followed by the Haunted Mansion, followed by Star Tours.  We were singing songs and making the music that you would hear if you were on the ride.

Toots...short for Tootsie (I don't know if I've ever shared Jackson's nickname) was happy about  the weather too!  He loved being outside with us!

These two love the great outdoors...and how funny that this was last night and tonight the snow/rain/sleet mixture is pouring down.  The temperature is supposed to drop tonight and the snow is supposed to blow...only in Iowa!

My Three Happy's
1) Ava had her friend Reagan over to play after school today.  It was so cute to watch them interact with each other.  It also gave me some extra time with just Isaiah.
2) Tomorrow is Friday...our class is going to the Civic Center to watch a Clifford play.  It should be fun...what a great way to end the week.
3) I finally posted again.  I swear the past week and a half just slipped by me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment