Our friends the Auderer's sold us their Barbie Power Wheel. The kids were very excited to "drive" their own car. This picture was taken seconds after Ava got into it for the first time.
Ava experimenting with the forward and reverse lever in our driveway. Isaiah was patiently waiting his turn behind the wheel.
Now it's time to go around the block
I know it's girly and all, but Isaiah loves being the driver...it's so much fun that he overlooks the purple color.
Now onto a few funny pictures of Miss Ava. I was giving Isaiah his bath the other night and Ava and Andy where out in the hall giggling and making all kinds of silly sounds. It turns out they were taking pictures of each other. Doesn't this girl make a tough football player?
What a throw!
Ava said to call this picture, "A scary looking face."
How cute is my Bootles!
Ava said this picture is of her "being crazy and singing."
...a balancing act
The rest of the pictures were taken today. Ava went to her friend Lainey's birthday party and while she was there we ran some errands and then played out in the snow. This was "perfect" snowball and snowman weather. Isaiah started and continued to roll this ball with no help. You should have heard him grunting as he pushed to move it each time. He was trying so hard.
This snowball is almost as big as he is.
I called Andy over to help me lift the ball he rolled...I couldn't even get it off the ground. We're in the process of making a "snow dog." We have the three balls stacked but need to add the details tomorrow.
Who would have thought that rolls of paper towels would be so fun! I peeked around the corner and took a picture of Isaiah making stairs. He didn't know I was behind him.
The attempt to climb to the top...he didn't get that far...but he tried!
Then it was bowling. Isaiah set the "pins" up for Ava and then ran off to the side...STRIKE!
Next it was boxing. Ava stacked the tower and Isaiah was trying to punch them down. Fun times!
When we were cleaning up the dishes tonight there was a pink heart on the counter that got wet and must have sat there a few minutes unnoticed. When I peeled it off the counter...this is what I saw. We tried to scrub it off...no luck. I guess we'll have to find something stronger to use. In the meantime, I'll just look at it as one of our "Valentine decorations."
What else have we done this week?
...started to make our Valentines, made valentine crafts, baked cookies, played Star Wars and Barbies, read LOTS of stories, colored, practiced reading stories, did activities to practice the letters of the alphabet...and the list could go on and on.
My Three Happy's:
1) I just got done reading Ava 8 chapters in one of her Junie B. Jones chapter books. We would have read the last two and finished the book in one night...but she fell asleep. Those books are so funny!
2) Tomorrow we are going to one of our friend's houses for a Super Bowl party. Rusty and Heidi started this tradition a few years ago and we're excited eat yummy food, see some people we haven't seen in a while, and cuddle their new baby Beckett.
3) Is this really my house? I'm sitting on the couch finishing this blog and I'm looking at a clean family room and dining room...dusted and everything...not a toy in sight...everything is picked up. Can this really be true?
Wow, it looks like there was a lot of fun going on at your house, Ava and Isaiah! Next time, I want to join in on it all!!!! Love you soooo much! Hugs and Kisses, Grandma V.
ReplyDelete