I read this quote somewhere at school...I'm not sure of it's exact words or who it is by, but it goes something like this...
"Worrying about tomorrow will only take away from today."
This time of year...with school starting in 5 weeks ( I know this seems like a long time still...but not to a teacher) really gets me stressed out. I find my thoughts consumed with things like, what do I need to start doing, what supplies do I still need to get, what if I don't get done? I've already had that dream where I have kids in my classroom but have no plans and have nothing ready. Being that I've taught 11 years you'd think this would eventually go away...but it doesn't. Anyway, this post is about looking for all those "Happy's" that are in your day and recognizing that those are the most important things in life. At the end of the day when I have time to reflect I tend to look back and think about all the little things I missed enjoying because my thoughts were too consumed with other things of less importance.
I'm having issues downloading pictures...so for now words will have to do. I'll eventually post what I've taken...just not sure when.
My Happy's...
1) Celebrating Kevin's b-day on Sunday with not only our family but his as well. It's so nice to get together with everyone! Ava and Isaiah love, love, love Isabelle...and all her fun toys! It's actually Kevin's b-day today...Happy Birthday Kevin...hope you had a fun day with Julie and Isabelle.
2) Watching the 3 baby robins we've had finally get the courage to fly out of their nest and venture out into the world. It's so neat to watch a new group grow every summer. Nature can be amazing!
3) Isaiah is SOOOO potty trained! He needs help pulling down his pants at times but tells us when he has to go or just goes in there by himself. I'd say that 75% of the time he wakes up dry from both naps and in the morning!
4) New toys...our neighbors...the Estabrook's, have two boys that are outgrowing their toys. Yesterday they gave us a Darth Vader helmet that makes lots of sounds, a Sully costume from Monster's Inc., a castle set, Hot Wheels tracks, Tinker Toys, a Leap Pad coloring game, and a few others I'm leaving out. The kids have had so much fun playing with these treasures!
5) Our house is a DISASTER right now...you have no idea! You may think you know...but you don't! Various times today I found myself getting so frustrated with the constant mess that was in every room you walk into. I'm sure those of you have little kids know that the minute you pick something up...something else is out. At night I always think...in the scheme of life...this is not that big of a deal. I'm going to have TONS of time in the future...far future...to clean and organize. Right now the most important thing is to play with my kids as much as I can. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the summers off with their family.
6) My husband...he's probably going to read this and smurk at me. He keeps me grounded, loves me even when I'm grouchy, is understanding and supportive, is the most amazing father...words can not describe how much Ava and Isaiah adore him...he's caring, is such a hard worker, and puts his "all" into everything he does. I love him so much!
7) Jackson's constant barking...it's very annoying at times...but it shows that he's still young at heart and is very attentive to everything around him. He's extremely spoiled and is a very happy pup!
8) I occasionally mention how well Ava and Isaiah interact and play with each other. Today was another example of how a brother and sister can be so close!
9) I LOVE looking around our yard at the garden and all the flowers...with the exception of the heat at times...it's my favorite place to be. I took some pictures of the patio with the wall and some of the landscaping that Andy has done. It's looks amazing! I'll get those posted soon.
10) My family...there's a reason for why I met Andy, a reason why we have two beautiful children, a reason why we've always wanted a Golden Retriever and one fell into our hands 5 years ago, a reason why we both teach and even better teach in the same district and the same school,a reason why we live in such an amazing town...it's God plan for us! I'm thankful for that every day!
...Andy's grandpa made the comment the other day to me about how much they enjoy reading our blog and that it's like a journal of our life. For those of you who read this...thanks for being such an important part of our family and an important part of our life!
No comments:
Post a Comment