Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Much Fun!

I've had quite the experience starting this blog.  I originally started one in October and then got frustrated because I didn't know how to upload pictures.  Now that I'm bound and determind to figure that out, I forgot the username and password to get into my blog.  So the end result is that I'm completely starting over.  For now, you won't be seeing any pictures until I can learn how to do it.  I figure reading what we have been doing will work for now...so please be patient with me.

Today we woke up with the news that we had a 2 hour delay for school which changed into a complete cancellation.  What a great way to start a Tuesday!  This morning we bundled the kids up to play out back in the deep snow.  Ava and Isaiah then took a sled ride to our local park where they trodded through the piles of snow and played on the equipment.  They lasted for about a half an hour and then we headed home for hot cocoa. 

After lunch Ava wanted to play preschool so she brought almost every doll she owns into the living room and we started working on letters and sounds.  Isaiah kept busy chiming in now and then but he was content working on the chalk board and reading Ava's Dora book collection.

The kids are down for their naps now and when they wake up, we're going to make a snowman craft with marshmallows, pretzels, and chocolate chips.  If you give my kids glue, scissors, and any art supplies, they will be happy for hours it seems.  Hopefully I can eventually post how these turn out. 




At the end of each of my posts, I'm going to include what I call "My Three Happy's."  These are simply three things that I'm thankful for or things that made me smile that day.  I need to remind myself to take time to appreciate all of the little things that happen around me.  My kids are growing up so fast!

My Three Happy's:
1) Hot cocoa and marshmallows
2) Actually cooking a nice dinner tonight
3) Seeing my two kids love each other so much and play so well together

Happy Winter!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally are doing a blog!!!! I am your first follower!

    ReplyDelete