So it's taken a few weeks, but I think I figured out how to post pictures. I'm still working on sizing, placement, and rotation issues, but other than that everyone can begin enjoying them!
We had a great night tonight. It was one of those "perfect nights" in my eyes. When we came home, the kids were in super moods. They played well together, were kind to each other, listened to us, brushed their teeth when we asked them to, and went to bed when it was time. I couldn't have asked for a better evening with my little ones and Andy.
I can't believe how much they have both grown and learned. Andy and I try to work on some reading or math skill each night with them. Whether it is counting or letter and sound recognition, we try to spend at least 5-10 minutes doing some kind of learning activity. Isaiah can count objects up to 13, knows the letters, A, B, and O, and recognizes circles, squares, rectangles, traingles, and ovals. Tonight he was cutting so well with scissors while we were doing crafts and even used his marker and said "Mommy I made an O." There it was...wobbily of course, but legible. I'm so proud of my little guy.
Ava knows all of her letters and sounds, can sound out and read three letter words like cat, mop, ten, fin, etc. She can also read the word "the" and recognizes it when we read stories to her. She takes great pride in finding that word numerous times on the pages. She can write most of her letters and numbers and can count to 40. We have been using the "Handwriting Without Tears" blocks and both of the kids like to build letters with them; they also enjoy just exploring and making random designs and pictures. They are both like sponges. They love learning and anything we can do in the form of a game really sparks their interest. The other day we hid Mercer Mayer "Little Critters" with letters around the house and I gave clues as to where they were. They loved being "detectives" and found all of them. It's hard to believe my babies will both be in preschool next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment