This morning we were playing with the kids downstairs and Ava and Isaiah were using Ava's beauty salon toys that she got at Christmas. Now these toys are pretty close to the real thing: pretend make-up complete with all the different sized make-up brushes, nail polish, a hair dryer that actually works, a hair straightener, clips, and an apron to wear. Andy had found an old blond curly wig that he had packed away from his high school days...he said he used it for a homecoming skit. Anyway, the kids had Andy sit on the floor with his wig and were pampering him like he was at a salon for a long time. He was even letting them apply layers upon layers of lip gloss. What a great Dad! Ava loves this sort of thing and Isaiah looks up to his sister so much and wants to do everything she does. I really need to figure out this computer so I can upload pictures of this. They are one of a kind.
We've had a busy day so far...we watched The Lion King, played, played, and played, the kids took baths (while eating popsicles), and we'll be going to the Ballard boy's basketball game tonight. The kids are really looking forward to sporting their Ballard clothes and cheering on the Bombers.
My Three Happy's:
1) Catching up with all the laundry... well almost...I think I've done 6 loads already.
2) Scentsy Burners: I love how they make the whole house smell yummy.
3) Living in the Ballard Community: It's filled with so many neat families and we've made so many new friends while living here. It seems like we know almost everyone when we go to sporting events.

Glad you are updating the blog! Learn how to post some pictures one of these days :)
ReplyDelete